eye123  (Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

AuthorReply

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

Re: John McCain

July 25 2017, 7:31 PM 

Thanks for sending eye (that kinda reads funny. Do you mind dropping your first name on us)? A true war hero but he may be go down in the history books for running for President w/ Sarah Palin! I really wonder if he regrets that. His daughter Meghan is pretty sharp herself.

eye123
(Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

July 25 2017, 8:36 PM 

Spanky, think this speech will be remembered for years to come; in a few days he goes home to fight the cancer. Over the years I've agreed with him and disagreed, but never doubted his patriotism or courage. Hope he wins this battle, know he will fight with everything he has.

Carl

eye123
(Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 7:25 AM 

He did his job......and can now go home.

JolyB
(Login jolyb)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 9:06 AM 

His comment this morning:

"We must now return to the correct way of legislating and send the bill back to committee, hold hearings, receive input from both sides of aisle, heed the recommendations of nation's governors, and produce a bill that finally delivers affordable health care for the American people"

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could work that way.

I admire Senator McCain's courage in doing what he believed was right, not what his party leaders wanted him to do. A man who endured years of captivity by the Viet Cong isn't going to be easily intimidated by anyone.

big daddy
(Login bigdaddy-915)
Stewards

July 28 2017, 12:23 PM 

God bless John McCain and his dedicated service to our country....having said that, he's been in Congress for 35 years...that's the problem to begin with....it'll never get better without term limits...just sayin'

b.d.

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 12:49 PM 

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact Trump is the President of our country. Term limits make all the sense in the world but I think once you get elected to an elevated position in the government you'll do whatever you can to stay there. Trump caught America with her pants down. Drain the Swamp and making America Great Again baited us. I always thought to myself, America has ALWAYS been great! I truly believe he is off his rocker. just sayin...

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 1:04 PM 

term limits would definitely help.

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 5:01 PM 

term limits for a start to drain the swamp--still leaves lobbyists and their $$
neither party supports Trump, yet they(together--separately) accomplish nothing other than trying to destroy the opposition
\As bad as the Donald is, the deep state is FAR more useless
they are elected to provide basic services, yet they can't create anything other than pork spending sprees
check their net worth going in to same on exit---
for a start, take away their healthcare and put them on the current ACA or whatever follows
though health care is a tough nut

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 5:17 PM 

"deep state" = right wing cliche.

Said it along time ago--Drumpf is the closest thing to Hitler in my lifetime, and there are plenty of examples of this. There is no one, or no group, worse. Nor has there ever been. He is in a "class" by himself.

The Republican boneheads have had 7 years to rant and figure this out and you see the result. Good work. What do they have against people having health care, anyway? Clueless base needs to eventually realize they have been played big time. These are the Dark Ages for democracy.

I wonder how Mikey "Pray the gay away" Pence and the other evangelicals feel about their new figurehead The Mooch? No inconsistency there, not to mention their support of Little Adolf.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 28 2017, 7:01 PM 

Under normal circumstances I would not bring up politics. But these are not normal circumstances. It's great that Gooch and Spider can play nice! In this household it's pretty simple. Bro is bro Trump because he says his 401K keeps getting stronger and stronger. I lean to the left. He's a ditto head and I have zero use for Limbaugh or Glen Beck. I admit the Donald is draining the swamp but what is he filling it back up with? Soon we'll have Bill Maher and John Oliver back after taking off a month. I can't wait to hear what those two have to say about their time off and what they are coming back on HBO with!

Meanwhile, I hope somebody is keeping an eye on that N. Korean midget as he fired another ballistic missile off. Another reason why giving Trump access to the button is cause for concern!

eye123
(Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

Distinct Political Courage

July 28 2017, 8:31 PM 

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

July 29 2017, 8:51 AM 

pretty weak spin + sos insults and name-calling toxic fumes
deep state = bi-partisan swamp--nothing fake about it and it needs cleansing
fortunately Trump isn't as organized or as well-supported as Hitler
Actually it is the radical leftists who most resemble Nazis or fascists
A person of differing thought is no longer permitted to speak without threats and actual organized violence--not that different from the MLK days or third world dictatorships--the left has become everything that they are resisting---the right is still terminally dis-functional

I have experienced the ACA since inception, and qualify for no subsidies, only mass subsidizing.
It has become worse for coverage and considerably more expensive every year.
Choices are few to none--deductibles are out of sight
My wife and I cannot use either our local long-term doctors or our local hospitals, despite a 50% premium increase last year
Seems reasonable to expect our elected officials to realize this and act responsibly since they represent virtually everyone
As mentioned--put them on the plan also--we might get a better solution
We were forced in to a lie

https://youtu.be/zBqPrPEQ7a0

This message has been edited by spiderjohn on Jul 29, 2017 8:52 AM

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

July 29 2017, 12:03 PM 

Call out name calling and then call names. Typical. BTW, you should look up what Nazis and Facists actually do. Maybe you'll then realize how wrong you've got it, but I doubt it.

It is the right that provokes violence, and runs a campaign of hate and fear, which leads to it. How many examples of this does one need to name or see? Who do the skin heads support? How many times has Drumpf encouraged violence at his so called rallies?

Steve Bannon invented the term deep state. You never heard the term before the election, but dutifully repeat it like a loyal foxy. Ditto "swamp" as related to D.C.

Do you really thin k this is just a matter of having differing opinions? Oy vey!

Obamacare was not created for folks like you, and Obama said ahead of time that you would have to pay more. It was never a perfect law but it provided care for millions who could not afford it previously--which is a good thing, and an incredible accomplishment given the crackpot opposition. Its flaws could have been been repaired long ago, but the TeaBags showed no interest in doing so. So you get what you have now.

We have never seen anything like this political environment. And it will only get worse.

Unusual Pete
(Login Unusual_Pete)
UpInClass Member

July 29 2017, 1:20 PM 

The biggest trick both parties are currently playing on us is: They're making us think, feel and believe our societal problems are rooted in Washington. The symptoms covered on tv are in DC, but the roots are in the unseen boardrooms of fortune 500 companies. Corporate capitalist welfare, alive and well. Great game for those who already have it all. Cloak your agenda in words that mean nothing. Freedom being the most comically errrr commonly used.

My conspiratorial mind thinks the super elite are in the process of setting themselves and their heirs up to live on a planet that might be uninhabitable for the vast majority of people in 20 to 50 years. Protect and hoard your shit. Start now. Build your bio domes whatnot. Invent some kind of indoor living system so only you and yours continue. The rest of us can go extinct. Who gives a shit.

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 29 2017, 1:30 PM 

I respect gooch and spider very much. Both make solid points for the left and right. But I just can''t get past the fact Trump has rattled the White House like no President ever has. I honestly believe he has some serious mental health issues. His appointees are sketchy at best. Our new Director of Communications let a string of f bombs go in an interview that would embarrass a sailor. Talk about an oxymoron. I think he thinks he can wipe out the M-13 gangs but that ain't gonna happen. But the thing that bothers me most is what the rest of the world thinks of the USA with Trump in charge.

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

July 31 2017, 8:07 AM 

Pete is pretty close imo
The "deep state" not only transcends political parties, but is global in it's reach and power. Politicians are merely pawns in scope.
Trump(or Sanders) were the only hopes to possibly slow down their control(maybe). The Clinton ensemble and mainstream Dems/Reps represent the true conservative establishment grip. Hanging on to the alleged "party differences"(like gooch imo) is all that they have. They honestly offer nothing outside of gridlock, and honestly accomplish next to nothing. The ACA is hardly about the citizen--it is the safeguard for the establishment/drug companies/ insurance brokers, locked in through their deep-pocketed lobbyists. The current "left" has replaced the old "right" as the standard bearer for intolerance and silencing all opposing thinking.

All current political governmental activity is gas. Nothing is moving forward.
Time to drain the swamp bi-partisan.

https://youtu.be/jy9gDsj2Ngs

This message has been edited by spiderjohn on Jul 31, 2017 8:08 AM

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

July 31 2017, 12:43 PM 

"Drain the swamp". My, what a clever and original phrase. I wonder where you got it? And can you say "cleansing" again?

Look, the Democratic party is a dumpster fire, desperate for new leadership and seemingly incapable of getting there. On the other hand, party differences are far more than "alleged". Consider issues like health care, climate change, freedom of the press, tax cuts for the 1%, medicare and social security, human rights, etc., which are not minor issues. If you can't see the party differences there, that makes you part of the problem. There is a reason why skin heads, KKK, militia nuts, folks who used to send their life savings to Jim and Tammy Faye, etc., all vote one way. Not everyone needs a PhD, but folks should be more discerning than to just say, "everyone sucks", or simply repeat what they hear from their favorite pundit. Otherwise, you become easily led sheep, which seems to be the order of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5NLFMYukg

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

July 31 2017, 3:04 PM 

Actually, this is a real part pf the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5NLFMYukg

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

The Mooch

July 31 2017, 3:30 PM 

He's out!! You can't make this stuff up. Trump still thinks he's on reality TV. You're fired!
Steve

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 58 Next >

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index