<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

O-8...

February 13 2018 at 9:44 AM

spanky126  (Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

That's Tiger Woods record as a pro at Riviera, where he will tee it up Thursday. It's no secret that over time I've been very hard on Eldrick. I still would not be surprised at anything he does. In his life off the course. On the course I think he's just trying to make as many cuts as he can. I certainly think Jack's record 18 major victories are safe by a mile. It will be interesting to see who makes a better comeback between Tiger and Johnny Manziel.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

Re: O-8...

February 13 2018, 10:25 AM 

what did Manziel ever accomplish that he qualifies as a "comeback" candidate?

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

February 13 2018, 11:49 AM 

I agree with ya spider. Johnny TD has never impressed me. Just a spoiled brat that had some talent but was pampered his whole life. I can't see him ever taking a snap in the NFL OR the CFL. Tiger is another story all together. Tiger will be a legend in golf of course. Johnny will be a trivia answer at best.

'shoes
(Login wshoes2)
Stewards

February 13 2018, 12:57 PM 

Manziel was a great college talent who doesn't have a strong enough arm, nor is he fast enough to be elusive in the NFL. The defensive ends and linebackers chasing him down are far faster and more athletic than the majority he faced at Texas A & M. Tebow is another recent example of a great college talent whose skills did not translate at the next level. With JM the personal issues make him not even worth the risk a little bit.

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

February 13 2018, 1:24 PM 

didn't Doug Flutie have the same knocks against him coming out of college? Too small...not fast enough...arm wasn't strong enough etc...maybe the game has changed too much since Doug Flutie's days but I recall him being really successful in the CFL and doing okay when given the chance in the NFL. Sometimes you just never know...the competitive spirit can overcome supposed physical limitations. Also, read a while back that the Hamilton Tigercats were going to give Johnnny TD a chance in the CFL...is that still the case?

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

February 13 2018, 3:16 PM 

You make a great point with Flutie. The difference being that Flutie never flaked out or became a "sex addict" like JM and TW did. Undersized and slower QB'are rare in today's game but Drew Brees and even Russel Wilson in Seattle are good examples. My favorite story of an NFL QB coming out of the CFL has to be Warren Moon. Moon could spin the ball with the best of 'um...

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 13 2018, 7:16 PM 

This is exactly the sort of stuff I am going to miss when the Basement closes down in a few weeks 😳

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

February 13 2018, 8:06 PM 

okay, i will bite. Why is the basement closing down in a few weeks?

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 13 2018, 8:31 PM 

Maybe not just the basement ... check out the Forum Migration thread in the UIC Horse Racing Forum section.

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

February 13 2018, 8:47 PM 

i don't understand...maybe i'm missing something.

it sounds like they are migrating the forums to a new platform. why would that mean that this place will close down?

is it because of cost? or maybe dell's health? or maybe because once bpiets starts a blog there will be no need for a discussion forum as all will be revealed as it should forever be, is and always was...lol.

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 13 2018, 10:38 PM 

As I understood it we will not be able to have multiple forums under the new format. I hope I’m wrong but if not it’s going to be one massive poutine !

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 12:41 AM 

As I type this I'm listening to MSNBC as Racheal Madows explains in detail how the Russians have and will likely continue to disrupt our mid-term elections. It is stunning when you see a list of all the Trump people that have resigned or been fired. It started with Mike Flynn exactly one year ago. When you look at things that way...it makes whatever happens to the Basement pale in comparison...I have faith in Mr. Yount that he'll handle things in a positive manner...

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 14 2018, 9:38 AM 

I've been speaking to some of my friends in Moscow and they have offered to administer the Forum free of charge and keep all our existing data. Sounds good to me.

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 10:56 AM 

does this offer have anything to do with incriminating photos/videos that they have from your last visit to Moscow?

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 14 2018, 11:28 AM 

Loved being in Moscow. Very friendly people . Always taking photographs .

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 11:44 AM 

May I suggest you fellers go back and watch Stanley Kubricks film Dr. Strangelove. A classic. They discuss trusting the " Ruskies". Batton down the hatches, Trump has cut a deal with the boys in Moscow. They are NOT our friends!

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 11:51 AM 

After Obama’s and Trump, who are our friends, spanky?

Cherokee Scot
(Login CherokeeScot)
Stewards

February 14 2018, 3:30 PM 

Hey Tony, can you still see Russia from where you live ?

tc
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 5:53 PM 

Depends on the spy equipment I have available to me on any given day...

long live the revolution, comrades!

Or, if you prefer...

долго жить революции товарищи!

happy.gif

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

February 14 2018, 6:23 PM 

That's a good question spider...I think maybe we're all on own own. Trump has this country in bad shape in my opinion. I think the world is laughing at us (Trump). Israel is having problems, shooting down drowns and trying to keep their enemies at bay. Trump talks a big game but when push comes to shove I think the Middle East don't take him seriously.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index