Experience

by sk73

I hate to respond to my own message -- kind of like talking to myself. But my originalpost was prompted by a desire for data, experiences,of those who had fixed problems with stovepipes by installing a new extractor. I now have that experience. I write for the benefit of those who like me, browse the board for information that can help a particular problem they might have.

Changing the extractor DID fix my problem. I can now shoot the bulk Federal Walmart stuff without stovepipes. I stil prefer Federal Lightnings which is a 40 grain, hi-vel round, but it sells out quickly. So, changing extractors was worth it for me.

Another observation. I bought my 22/45 used. It's 7 years old. I like to shoot but I mostly shoot revolvers til now and didn't "tinker" with my guns except to clean them. In the month I've owned the 22/45, I've shot the heck out of it. I've made a trigger shield (from an aluminum pie plate), and replaced the extractor, sear and trigger. It shoots well now and I've really enjoyed the tinkering. Almost as much as the shooting. But not quite.

Posted on Oct 30, 2002, 9:43 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Pie Plate. Rod, Oct 30, 2002, 6:14 PM
    1. Pie Plate. sk73, Oct 30, 2002, 9:01 PM
      1. Re: Pie Plate. Rod, Oct 31, 2002, 7:09 AM
        1. I'm embarassed. sk73, Oct 31, 2002, 6:42 PM
          1. OK here's the story for the wife..... Rod, Oct 31, 2002, 9:15 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement