Update on the Buckmark

by Bullseye

Well, Browning has finally listened to its customers. Yesterday, I had a chance to evaluate the new version of the Buckmark and they have added two rectangular tabs to the sides of their slide to aid the operator with slide usability. Previous attempts by Browning to cure this problem consisted in a pair of weak wings added on to the rear of the finger groove channel, it didn't work. However, I am statisfied that these new protrusions on the slide itself, below the finger grooves, will definitely aid the shooter in cycling the slide and the new position of these will allow for better ease of operation particularly with a dot scope installed. A feature sadly lacking with the litle wings.

The barrel's working their way loose and fieldstripping are still areas ripe for improvement for these pistols. Perhaps, Browning will fix these concerns next.

I just wanted to post this new development since the biggest complaint I have heard from scores of Buckmark owners was that the tiny finger grooves and the stiff hammer spring made it extremely difficult for someone with moderate finger strength to operate the slide. A problem that was made even toughter when a dot scope was added, further reducing the operator's accessibility to the finger grooves. Not anymore since this new addition to the slide.

R,
Bullseye

Posted on Feb 23, 2003, 3:41 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement