<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Met Brian Johnson of AC/DC

February 22 2017 at 5:05 PM
Denise  (no login)
from IP address 174.228.9.203

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g34618-d1235142-i65096856-Key_Sailing-Sarasota_Florida.html#review_160112812

Hi all,

Was at an event party at Selby Gardens here in Sarasota last week and Brian was there, didn't recognize him at first.

A small crowd gathered and we said hello and shook hands, he was very friendly.

They are one of my fav bands of all.

Someone said he has house here on the water, the link is a pic...wow!!!!!!

Hope ya all are well :)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PaddyC
(no login)

Re: Met Brian Johnson of AC/DC

February 24 2017, 8:34 AM 

Wow, lucky you. Always seems like a pretty solid guy.
Hope he heard what you were saying to him :-)

Nice house, with a car collection to die for apparently!

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

February 25 2017, 11:57 PM 

Hi Paddy,

Yeah I wonder what cars he has.

Apparently a lot of entertainers and the like have houses on the keys...have to do some snoopin'

Just riding around the keys... OMG the houses are unreal. I think it is the lush tropical grounds that give the homes a Humprey Bogart Key Largo kind of feel.

I think some day I am going to "pretend" to be looking to buy and see if I can get to see the inside of some of these places.

When I lived in LA I never was interested really in the mansions of stars, was young and so busy.

Have been out of that element for so long it is strange now to see such luxury.

Every day I drool when I see exotic cars, yesterday a Maserati, pulling up next to me in Arby's parking lot LOL.

Well I guess the guy wanted roast beef for lunch...haha...better than McDonalds cardboard burgers :)

Take care.♡

PS...doing anything special for upcoming St Paddys day?

Respond to this message   
PaddyC
(no login)

March 3 2017, 6:50 AM 

I spent a bit of time in Fort Lauderdale about 15 years ago and used the water taxi a good few times. My route took me past all these amazing waterfront homes, what was even more amazing was the number of cruisers and huge yachts berthed at the bottom of the gardens!! Mind you I wasn't jealous...much!!

Have a long weekend planned in London for St Paddy's day so will be spending it with a load of plastic Paddy's :-) No doubt I'll have a few jars but i'll be steering well clear of the Irish bars as they are just crazy on that day, anyway I don't like Guinness (despite being half Scottish/half Irish) so will stick to some decent beer and whisky (might even have a whiskEy!! - see what I did there!)

Not sure if St Patrick's Day is a big thing in Florida? I know it is in the likes of Boston.

Respond to this message   
Denise
(no login)

March 3 2017, 11:46 PM 

Big boats, yachts can't imagine having one...they're all over the place drives me crazy.

Come on over to the west coast sometime. Siesta Key Beach is #1 rated in the US and it placed 5 in the world according to Trip Advisor 2017.

The sand is like powdered sugar...does not get hot!... made of 99% quartz.

I didn't know there was a beach like this in the US till my parents moved down here.

Oh yes, all the bars go full tilt on St Paddys day... and the people too. We have a few parades.

Even though there are a lot of retirees in Sarasota, they are very active and like to go out and party even with the younger people.

My new beau and I are going with some friends to a few pubs on Siesta Key Beach, about 15 min from me.

The whole village main street has many restaurants and pubs, it can get quite crazy.

There is a pub crawl around Sarasota and quite a few Irish Bars.

Who knows where we'll end up.

My fav beer when I want something lighter is Corona with lime, or if stronger I love Spaten. Yuk hate Guiness or anything too heavy.

Not into American beer really, sorry REB if you happen to read this, but Coors and the like...pisswater beer. To each his own. :) :) :) :)

Have a good time and..."You may kiss an Irishman but its a Scotsman you take home.".....quote I found, guess you are covered either way ha ha!

Take care ♧

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement