<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

emgs or suhrs

March 13 2017 at 9:25 PM
Rusty Shackleford  (Login UncaBry)
from IP address 107.204.41.83

i'm building a guitar with a ssh (humbucker in the bridge and single coils in the neck and middle positions) pickup configuration. i've already got an emg 89 that has been in my "guitar hope chest" for a while so i was thinking i could just get a couple of emg sas and wire it up with those OR i could splurge and get a suhr ssv for the bridge and then get a pair of v 70s for the single coils.

does anyone have any experience with either these emgs or the suhrs? thanks in advance!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Reb
(no login)

Re: emgs or suhrs

March 24 2017, 1:55 PM 

Well you know what I'm gonna say

Respond to this message   
Ian
(Login neilli)

March 27 2017, 3:02 PM 

I've been using EMGs for years, along with Duncans, but I've never tried Suhr pickups (mine has EMGs). EMGs have their detractors for sure, and right now it seems to be 'cool' to hate them, but I really like them, especially the 85 (the humbucker 'part' of an 89). I find the 85 to be really powerful and warm, but it has clarity which I love. Personally I'm not generally a fan of the 81, but it does work well in some guitars I've had. As I recall, in the 85 is Alnico, the 81 is ceramic, but I may be wrong there..

Respond to this message   

Alex
(Login deflep)

April 5 2017, 8:27 PM 

My recommendation for passives is the Suhr SSH+ and v60 LPs for singles.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement