Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
 Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Outstanding... Quite Simply Outstanding....!

June 30 2012 at 10:44 PM
No score for this post

Allen Mc  (Login allenmc)

Response to SMR Article - 1966 Topps Batman Coins - Space Magic

Kevin,

I have pretty much been glued to my August SMR...one of the best yet. I'm a huge Batman & Superman fan and have picked up a few Superhero Statues that I'm very proud of. When I opened the magazine and the first story started with mentioning the Avengers, and had page after page of Superhero "stuff" I knew it was going to be a good read. Throw in photos of Superhero autographs like an X-Men Origins Wolverine, and you've got my attention. One of my fave auto cards that I've picked up is my Hugh Jackman (page 113...awesome card).

The next feature story was 1966 Batman Weeties and Rice Krinkles....followed by a 1979 Topps Incredible Hulk set story....(I have several Stan Lee autos and a Lou Ferrrigno auto...some of my fave autographs)...and another story about 2000 Topps X-Men Movie autographs.....followed by a 1978-79 Topps Superman Set Story...followed by a 1940 Gum Superman Set Story....and followed lastly by a 1966 Donruss Marvel Superheroes Set story...

All those great stories complete with pictures, scans and a wealth of "cool stuff"....

And all those stories penned by the same fellow...a guy named "Kevin Glew"..

...pretty much the entire magazine...I did not realize that until I looked this evening....(the entire August SMR issue...I had to look again)

I also noticed SMR added "2012 Comic Con Collector's Edition" to the cover of the magazine.... and that, it is....it is indeed....good stuff...

allen mc

p.s.... I think i'll go see the Avengers again...pretty good movie. It's been a good year for a Superhero fan... a very good year

p.s.s. I don't have a clue about the Batman coins you were inquiring about. Sorry about that. I'm still stuck looking at my SMR mag

This message has been edited by allenmc on Jun 30, 2012 10:49 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 ThanksKevin GlewJul 1, 2012, 7:07 PM