Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

ID help please "Uncle Sam's Fighters"

April 20 2008 at 7:16 PM
Richard L.  (Login nsaddict)

Posted this nearly a year ago, without success. Hoping someone can provide info. Card measures 1.75 x 3.50 on thinner stock by the American Biscuit Co. from San Francisco Cal. I believe they merged with National Biscuit and later became Nabisco. Does it have an ACC#?

[IMG][/IMG]

This message has been edited by nsaddict on Apr 20, 2008 7:34 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

Re: ID help please "Uncle Sam's Fighters"

April 20 2008, 8:20 PM 

Cool card Richard! Wouldn't that be considered an "F" card since it looks like it came with crackers? I didn't see any mention of it in the ACC. It reminds me of a lot of the early bread cards issued around the same time.

Is the back from a different card? Can you give me a list of the different titles you have and I'll put them in the database?

Gary May
(Login jeromebelasco)

A recent pickup..........

February 27 2012, 2:44 PM 

Boatswain's Mate, First Class, US Navy
Looks like that makes 3 so far...

Boatswain's Mate, First Class, U.S. Navy
Drum Major....(as back above)
Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Cavalry
37 to go!

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Great...........

February 27 2012, 4:41 PM 

Great card Richard.......in researching a lot of the E cards, I found a BUNCH of West Coast stuff that's sorely lacking representation in the ACC. I think it's just that Burdick's contacts were so heavily concentrated East of the Mississippi that his detail for stuff in the Seattle/San Fran/LA area wasn't the best. Really cool set. The Capital Cracker 1912(ish) Athlete's set comes to mind.............

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

From ebay...........

February 27 2012, 4:46 PM 

A recently closed auction..........

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>