Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Two Different Types of R73 Base Sets Are Possible

February 12 2011 at 8:45 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Jerry  (Login WarHoundR69)

This hobby is supposed to be fun and I'm having a blast with the R73's. While working on my R73 Master Set/PSA Registry project it dawned on me that their are two different types of R73 216 card base sets possible:

1. "A PURE SET" where all 24 cards in any subset have the same series designation i.e. All cards numbered No. 1 to 24 are Series of 48 as opposed to a set where you have any Series Designation plugged in so that the No. 1 to 24 have any mixture of S24's, S48's or S96's. Any given subset of 24 cards must have the same Series Designation to qualify as "A PURE SET" repeated through all nine subsets you need for a complete base set.

2. "A MIXED SET" where Series Designations are completely ignored and in any 24 card subset you have a mixture of Series Designation.

This probably does not matter to anyone but me but IMHO a "PURE SET" is more elegant and appeals to my sense of order. Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
h
(Login hfire)

when

No score for this post
February 12 2011, 10:33 PM 

will we see your article in the Wrapper? I am looking forward to reading it!

TM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login egbeachley)

Re: Two Different Types of R73 Base Sets Are Possible

No score for this post
February 12 2011, 11:10 PM 

Jerry, you're thinking too hard and losing track of the obvious. Just about any set that has a regular set and a master set can be thought of this way.

American Caramel Presidents - all red, all orange, all blue, or all orange-red is just a simple example. N86 Perilous Occupations - 4 different colors. N9 Allen & Ginter flags - Allen & Ginter, Allen & Ginter's, Virginia Brights, Right Bowers. Old Judge or Goodwin backs. Allen & Ginter or Goodwin backs. N462 New Discovery with regular backs or Cameron & Sizer Successors backs. Gail & Ax or Honest Long Cut for dozens of sets. Regular or blank backs. T59 Flags with about 80 different combinations using brand, colors, factory, designs. Etc. Etc.

Just about every "N" and "T" set has more than one different brand listed on the back.

This message has been edited by egbeachley on Feb 12, 2011 11:22 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index