Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Duke's Mixture Magazine

March 23 2011 at 9:36 AM
David S  (Login MrYardBird)

Henry I thought you might want to take a look inside. I think you are correct in the fact that these were distributed on the tobacco shop counter. Their is a book The Great Seduction that has a small one page write up on company magazines (pg 156). In the book they show a picture of one printed by Lorillard (maybe the other one you were thinking of) which is supposed to be a classier magazine with striking full color ads.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dan C
(Login DanCalandriello)

Re: Duke's Mixture Magazine

March 23 2011, 9:40 AM 

Thank you for taking the time to bring this collectible to Net54.

You effort has not gone unnoticed !

Jeff O.
(Login hires48)

Re: Duke's Mixture Magazine

March 23 2011, 10:31 AM 

David, thanks for the scans. Always interesting to see old magazines and there contents.

1880nonsports
(Login 1880nonsports)

Thanks David!

March 23 2011, 10:35 AM 

the second volume is a lot less "comic-like" than the first. Love that you took the time to scan the inside. Issued in the "pulp" time frame - reasonable to assume it was offered on the counter. When I have time later I promise to read every last line..........

BTW - Petrone's Tobacco Seduction a GREAT book - especially for the begining tobacco collector - but plenty to see and learn for even an advanced collector. Couple years ago - he sold most if not all the stuff he used in the book on eBay.

This message has been edited by 1880nonsports on Mar 23, 2011 10:45 AM

David S
(Login MrYardBird)

The pleasure is all mine

March 23 2011, 11:38 AM 

I have been enjoying all of the posts on this site for a couple of years and have learned more here than I could anywhere else. This site is a wealth of information that never stops! So Thanks to all posters who have gone before me.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index