Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

a 9-11 card (dated 1978!)

September 11 2011 at 3:20 PM
No score for this post
  (Login uglystickers)

years ago i was looking through some cards and was shocked to see a plane crashing into what appeared to be the world trade center in a similiar place the first plane hit...you would think why anyone would produce a card of something so horriable...what made it so unbelieveable was that it was made in 1978! i have a few of them and thought that i would donate one to the serch dog foundation that were looking for bodies after the attack-they were shocked like me and took the card...i would download the card...but havent been able to send the photo-if anyone has the set,im sure you will see how truth is stranger than fiction at times...card #10 CRACKED MAGAZINE

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lance F
(Login thecatspajamas)

Re: a 9-11 card (dated 1978!)

No score for this post
September 11 2011, 5:19 PM 

Pretty sure the series you are talking about is the 1978 Fleer "Best of Cracked Magazine" card series. I wasn't able to find an image of card #10, but I believe it reproduced the cover to Cracked Magazine #125 (July 1975):

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login oldbubblegum)

another...related

No score for this post
September 11 2011, 8:39 PM 

This is a P. Buckley Moss Print from 1982. Which has been much sought after post 911...by Moss collectors.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

"Showin the love since 1968"

(Login Monsterwax)

Re: a 9-11 card (dated 1978!)

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 12:54 PM 

Hey, that's kinda ironic: all three images are "cracked".

It's strange to think a new generation is growing up who will never see NYC with those two towers. Remember the first Spiderman movie trailer? It featured a robber's helicopter getting snagged in a web between the world trade center, but then they cut the scene from the movie after the towers fell. Now that would have been a rare trading card!

Current Topic - a 9-11 card (dated 1978!)  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index