Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

HAlls between the acts cards

February 16 2012 at 5:17 PM
No score for this post
Scott  (Login holidaymansb)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a good price guide for the Halls between the acts cigarette cards. I just purchased a scrap book with a large amount of these cards inside. Thank you ..Scott

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

mr. moses
(Login 1880nonsports)

there is no guide with specific prices for specific cards

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 11:12 PM 

in the Hall's series. I would be glad to help though - you can email me @ hmoses2@comcast.net and I'll give you some general guidelines. I'll only be able to answer in the late evenings for the next few days........

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Scott
(Login holidaymansb)

Halls between the acts cards

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 10:10 PM 

Thanks, I have O'leary, Hazael, Courtney, Fanchott, Ennis, and Rowell to start and 60 more of their friends. What determines the value? These are out of a scrapbook and many of them popped out nicely but there is some wheat paste glue and paper residue on them. the fronts are extremely nice and in great condition and the backs have scrapbook remains.

I want to sell them all, Is Ebay the best venue? I appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks again.

This message has been edited by holidaymansb on Feb 17, 2012 11:01 PM

mr. moses
(Login 1880nonsports)

the pedestrian subset

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 11:29 PM 

is a good group to sell as they bring much more than any of the actresses. I happen to be looking for o'leary,ennis, and rowell (which would leave me needing but a single card) - so please don't sell them before I get a shot - even if it's just on eBay)! As with any "card" - backdamage lowers the value a bit - trimmed cards are often seen in this series as well. For most of the series the actresses don't sell for much - I'd put a lot together of maybe 6 - 8 for 19.99 on wheeBay and see what happens. A couple of the background styles like the sunray series bring more. Luminaries in the actresses like Lillian Russell and Sarah Bernhartd sell at a premium. There are always quite a few BTA cards on eBay - some selling and many not - a simple search will yield some ideas about the values. You can email if you would like.......

no guarantees whether written or implied

Robert
(Login joker73)

Re: HAlls between the acts cards

No score for this post
February 18 2012, 12:03 AM 

Garfield, Arthur, Hancock, and English (the 4 candidates in the 1880 presidential election) also command a healthy premium.

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Forum Owner

You could have.....

No score for this post
February 18 2012, 7:25 AM 

Maybe soaked them off the scrapbook to save the backs.......shoot some photos and I'm sure everyone will give you even more details.....

Scott
(Login holidaymansb)

Soaking worked well

No score for this post
February 19 2012, 4:32 PM 

Thank you for the suggestion of soaking the cards. I have always been leery of putting paper into water but with the between the acts cards this works really well. Once I get them dry I will take some photos

Scott
(Login holidaymansb)

Panchott

No score for this post
February 19 2012, 5:08 PM 

I just found the 7th athlete...Panchott!~

Anonymous
(Login michael3322)

Re: Interested in the Between the Acts Athlete Cards...

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 22 2012, 5:06 AM 

This message has been edited by michael3322 on Feb 22, 2012 5:09 AM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index