Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

O-Pee-Chee

February 21 2012 at 10:12 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Btlfannz)

Hi Guys

I am trying to put together a definitive list of all non-sport O-Pee-Chee issues. In the first instance I may be trying to re-invent the wheel so if anyone knows of such a list can you please point me in the right direction.

Secondly, if there is no such data base out there, I would really like to create one for the benefit of all collectors.

If the latter is true, if anyone who has information that I can use I would be very grateful. Once the list is complete (as well as possible) I will post it here. To date I have identified nearly 50 sets but it would not suprise me at all to find that there is twice that amount.

Many thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Sean

PS If you wish you can email me direct to btlfannz@fastmail.fm

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lance F
(Login thecatspajamas)

Re: O-Pee-Chee

No score for this post
February 21 2012, 10:25 PM 

The Non-Sports Bible (which covers I think up through 1985) has a list of 69 series under O-Pee-Chee in the manufacturers' index.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Sean Wright
(Login Btlfannz)

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 5:36 AM 

Thanks Lance - Next question, where do I find a copy of the non-sport bible? (and I bet that's not the proper name for it too!!

Lance F
(Login thecatspajamas)

Actually, it is...

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 11:13 AM 

It's a huge tome of non-sports knowledge, weighing in at just over 7 lbs, and not only does it resemble a large bible (black cover, gold marker ribbon, etc), but is actually titled "NON-SPORTS BIBLE" which it prominently displays in gold lettering on its 2-1/2" wide spine!

Last I heard, you could still get them directly from the author, Chris Watson, who can be reached at nscards@comcast.net. He doesn't check that e-mail daily, so it might take a little while to get a response, but he will let you know if he still has copies available.

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

Hello Friend

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 11:26 AM 

Lance is correct and you have that info.
If you don't have already
Add
1940 O-Pee-Chee Motion Picture Stars Series A
1940 O-Pee-Chee Motion Picture Stars Series B

You might also go to the GALLERY...Hit the button at top right of page...then select UK & Canadian Issues.

"Showin the love since 1960"

(Login Btlfannz)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 23 2012, 11:33 PM 

Lance, that email nscards@comcast.net continues to bounce back at me. Can you confirm it is the right one.
Cheers

Lance F
(Login thecatspajamas)

Hmmmm

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 1:56 AM 

That e-mail address was working for him as of the first of the year when I pointed another new board member his way for the same reason. I haven't e-mailed him recently though. Anyone else had more recent contact with Chris? Perhaps Tom, Dan or Charley?

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

Hmmmm...part 2

No score for this post
February 24 2012, 10:34 AM 

Hi, try this my friend:
Non-Sportsbible@comcast.net

CR

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

Confirming

Score 5.0 (1 person)
March 6 2012, 10:53 AM 

Email from Chris last night. The Above Email is still in use, only checks it a couple times a month FYI

CR

Current Topic - O-Pee-Chee  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index