Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Your Latest Picture - Four Star Candy Co "Tobacco" cards info

March 13 2012 at 12:22 AM
Average Score 5.0 (2 people)

Ty  (Login FourStarCandy)

Many folks have advised me to check out this forum in regards to inquiries about vintage non-sports cards.
I'm curious if any of you can supply info about the 1960s "Your Latest Picture" monster cards from the Four Star Candy Company?

The cards themselves measure an approximate 2" x 3", and upon close inspection some seem to have perforation marks on the edges or corners.

From what I have seen and read on the internet on forums, non-sports card sites and auctions there is little known information but at least some valuable info out there. The Four Star Candy Company made candy cigarettes, both traditional cigarette brands and also Halloween Parodies of tobacco brands. I have seen complete opened packs of four Star candy cigarettes with what seems to be a 2" cardboard spacer between the cigarettes, but I couldn't say if it was a trading card or just a spacer.

I purchased one of these cards nearly 20 years ago, and recently purchased/traded for a few from a very nice gentleman named Todd Riley (I only mention his name because of great service), and traded for one that was posted on some random Flickr gallery.

Since there's not much info on these cards, I was hoping that some people here could inform me on the year that these cards were made, and if in fact they were from candy cigarettes or another source? Also, are these cards listed in the Non-Sports Bible? Thank you all for your time and help. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

These are the pictures of the cards that I could find posted around on the internet:
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by FourStarCandy on Mar 13, 2012 10:48 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lance F
(Login thecatspajamas)

Re: Your Latest Picture - Four Star Candy Co "Tobacco" cards info

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 11:54 AM 

The Non-Sports Bible lists this series with 18 known cards, and pictures 17 of those. Checking them against the images you found, there are 8 among yours that do not appear in the NSB, bringing the total card count to at least 25, possibly 26 (depending on whether the card not pictured in the NSB is among those that you showed).

Looking at some of the larger images you supplied, it looks like each card has either a "1" or a "2" printed on it, which makes me wonder if they may have been issued in pairs, especially since you noted possible perforations? Just a guess though, as I do not have any of the actual cards in my possession.

Hope that helps!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index