Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Product Placement

May 19 2012 at 4:05 PM
No score for this post
Troy Kirk  (Login moviecard)

Some of the old cards used product placement to show their products on their cards, which I think is cool. Here are a couple of examples I know of from the Hassan Cowboys set and the Drake's Movie Stars set. Anyone have any others to add?

[linked image]

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

mr. moses
(Login 1880nonsports)

always a favorite

No score for this post
May 21 2012, 1:35 PM 

cards with the product and the hassan you pictured one of my few "T" types. Similar card in the hassan indian series I think. Sweet Cap series of folders is all that on every card I think - Duke stamps has a card where the boy is soliciting an insert from a pack a man holds in his hand. I have a few others I'll try and get to - but I'm readying at least 100 lots for feeBay - promise I'll get to it as I like the connections probably more than you happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

mark
(Login TheNewtonian)

Re: Product Placement

No score for this post
May 21 2012, 2:23 PM 

[linked image]

mr. moses
(Login 1880nonsports)

nice card mark

No score for this post
May 21 2012, 2:59 PM 

it's one of a series which features packs and cartons - they are early trade cards manufactured in Paris and pre-dating the inserts. Of note is they aren't a "stock" item - rather they were designed specifically for the company. Pretty sure they weren't distributed on this side of the pond but early on the bigger companies (esp. ginter) used whatever they could get whenever and wherever they could. I think I have some with playing cards as well. BTW - I love anything with the iconic old planter - I even have a pirated(?) cigar label called old smoker's delight and featuring his image......

no guarantees whether written or implied

Tim C
(Login Abravefan11)

Re: Product Placement

No score for this post
May 21 2012, 3:36 PM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index