Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE NATIONAL!

July 1 2012 at 5:54 PM
No score for this post

(Login 1880nonsports)

My friend Glenn will be setting up again in Baltimore with his wife and daughter. Plenty of vintage sports and non-sports as always. I'll be there providing muscle for the fist couple of days.
I have moderate expectations in terms of the hunt, enjoy pressing the flesh, and have some cards to get graded. I stay around the corner from the site and there are easy places nearby to grab a bite or a brew if one is so inclined. One month and counting.
Now that Adam sold me my missing Sunny South card - I'd like to grab at least one of the three sepia indians I need or put my N43 set to bed. Throw in a tobacco advertising piece and/or a tough album and being away from my fish becomes worthwhile. The wife can take care of herself........

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login TaxMechanick)

No score for this post
July 1 2012, 8:42 PM 

Henry, it will be great seeing you again my friend!

Glenn Mechanick

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login carbking)

Re: TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE NATIONAL!

No score for this post
July 2 2012, 12:38 PM 

Henry (or Glenn) - if you happen to run across an S-100 Hupmobile, or anything Marhoefer or Stark and Wetzel; I would appreciate a telephone number or an email address once you return home and have recovered.

And have fun, wish I could go.

Thanks, Jon.

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 1:32 PM 

Henry & Glenn - Are you guys going to the Net54 dinner Friday night ?

(Login rhettmyeakley)

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 9:48 PM 

Unfortunately, I'm not going this year, I hope everyone that goes has a great show. Henry will have one less guy to compete with on the tough Tobacco stuff! happy.gif

(Login 1880nonsports)

Rhett

No score for this post
July 17 2012, 10:31 PM 

I'm already afraid to leave you alone! You've picked up some great types lately. Alan I'm sorry to say I'll be leaving on friday afternoon. Last time Leon had Mike O'keefe which was great. The baseball guys are a bit fiesty online - but when they come out from behind the curtain - it can be fun. Only Lisa speaks for Glenn - but if the diet soda is flowing I imagine he'll be there.........

(Login Steve_NY)

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 1:20 PM 

Stop by and check out my display as well. I won't elablorate and give out too much information here but I have been buying and selling non sports since 1976 and I will be taking some items that I packed away 30 years ago; I have never seen some of them ever again.

I don't focus on the same period that Glenn does but I do have some sets from that period. My focus is more 1930s thorugh the 1970s for non sports and early 1900s through the 1940s for sports.

Check out my ad on page 61 of the leatest issue of The Wrapper. I'll be at spot 508P in the very front of the room 6 booths in from the entrance.

I hope to see you there.

Steve

P.S. -- I am setting up the day before the show begins on Tuesday, so dealers stop on by. Probably 75-80% of my sales are usually to dealer collectors.
Sadly, Hugh Jones was probably my best customer every year at The National. Come see some of the rare items that he would have certainly bought. We miss him and his great stories.

(Login 030190)

NATIONAL STUFF

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 9:17 PM 

I am setting up at the National and have prepared a short list of sets that I have for sale.

If interested, just email me at martykrim@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

(Login 030190)

NATIONAL BOOTH

No score for this post
July 30 2012, 9:42 AM 

Hello: Looking forward to see all that stop by: BOOTH 720

Dave Hornish
(Login dsh46)

No score for this post
July 30 2012, 5:56 PM 

I am getting psyched for the show-will be there Friday and Saturday!

(Login Marslife)

No score for this post
July 30 2012, 7:00 PM 

This will be my first National, I am sure it will be overwhelming! I have one day to play (Saturday). My goal is to come away with one last T201 Mecca to complete my set. If not no biggie. no rush, the fun is in the Hunt!

Marty - I found 5 more T113's for you. Maybe we can trade for some of those Navy Caramels!?!

If anyone else is showing please list your booth number and I will say HI!

Oh, and when do I get to learn the secret Non-Sports Hand Shake?

Thanks!

Cliff

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

No score for this post
July 30 2012, 8:49 PM 

For those of you who will be at the National on Wed. night, we will be meeting for dinner after the show around 8:15 pm or so at the Kona Grill, which is located in the Inner Harbor area, at 1 East Pratt Street between Charles Street & Light Street. NO RSVP necessary. Just ask the staff to lead you to the "Net54" table(s). Thanks. Alan.

http://www.konagrill.com/restaurants/baltimore-md.aspx

mr moses
(Login 1880nonsports)

I have cash and running wild at national!

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 2:09 AM 

and I'm looking to BUY. Need to complete some sets - N2, N28, N29, N162, and master set N184. Not so concerned about getting a steal - I am willing to pay fair market values. I will be around with my lists if you actually want to sell some cards.
catch me wednesday 11 AM 'till 5 PM friday until my money runs out........

most wanted

n172 ewing and mascot (vg+)
n43 edwards, ryan (50+)
n28 ward, buffalo bill (50+)
n29 ewing, slocum, sears (50+)
n162 beecher any
n184 page, burch (50+)
T206 tinker port. vg/x
n2 white swan, war captain, black hawk

I need many other N43's (BD only) and N162's (lower grade) and N184's (best avail.)

Current Topic - TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE NATIONAL!  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index