Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

FLASH GORDON CARDS

April 6 2013 at 10:10 PM
No score for this post
Mike White  (Login mwbeatles)

Hi,
I have always loved the Flash Gordon serials with Buster Crabbe. I have them on DVD and practically have worn them out. I probably watch "Conquers the Universe" 3 times a week. That's not to say I stare at the screen the whole time but I usually just have it on in the background as I float around the internet.

I have never collected cards, sport or non-sports. My main passion in collecting was the Beatles. About 10 years ago I sold off my entire collection and gave up collecting. I decided it was cheaper and almost as much fun just window shopping and looking at all the cool cards.

In my surfing, imaging my joy when I found out there was a Flash Gordon Topps set. I wasn't crazy about collecting again but since there were only 24 in the set I thought why not.

Unfortunately, I think I have OCD and I'm constantly thinking about Flash Gordon cards. I read a great article by Kurt Kuersteiner where based on his research and information from a gentleman named Bob Marks there are approximately 480 cards.

I am on a mission to try and figure out exactly how many cards I can located (no buy - just document) almost 50 years after production.

PSA - 260 graded cards
SCG - 0
GAI - I don't have access to their population report.

That was the easy part.

I've also located 71 non-graded cards so far and I won't stop until I've exhaused all avenues (OCD)

I was hoping if you have Flash Gordon cards from 1965 that are not graded by PSA you'll be kind enough to share with me what you have. If you have access to GAI that would be great as well. I'll gladly post my findings back on this site to keep everyone informed.

FYI - so far
most cards #2 with 19
least cards #24 with 5

Thank you so much in advance.

mwbeatles@aol.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
E.C.
(Login okmaybent)

Re: FLASH GORDON CARDS

No score for this post
April 7 2013, 1:25 AM 

Great project.

Since you are OCD and not sleeping at night anyway... when you are done counting Flash Gordon sheep... could you count the Superman test white backs too?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Mike White
(Login mwbeatles)

FLASH GORDON TOTAL NUMBER

No score for this post
April 7 2013, 5:29 PM 

Not really up to me......looking at PSA and getting that number is easy...the hard part is getting the people on this site to take a few minutes and look through their collections and provide the information.

boxingcardman
(Login boxingcardman)

Re: FLASH GORDON CARDS

No score for this post
April 9 2013, 2:56 PM 

I don't have any but I thought you might enjoy these images:

1932 Olympics Exhibit Card:

[linked image]

Diamond Match Crabbe:

[linked image]

RPPC of Bull Montana, who played a monkey man doing battle in the arena with Flash in one of them:

[linked image]

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Mike
(Login mwbeatles)

FLASH GORDON CARDS

No score for this post
April 9 2013, 7:58 PM 

Yes, thank you....anything Flash Gordon or Buster Crabbe is ok in my book. I'm still hoping to get some card information from the wonderful people on this site.

MW

Mike White
(Login mwbeatles)

FLASH GORDON

No score for this post
April 11 2013, 7:28 PM 

Still hoping to get some info on raw cards.

mw
mwbeatles@aol.com

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index