Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

@@@@@ Troy Warren - WARNING @@@@@

April 2 2014 at 8:03 PM
No score for this post

Tom Boblitt  (Premier Login autograf)
Owner
from IP address 74.130.139.53

We have RARELY had Buy Sell Trade issues but one may have cropped up. I was contacted by someone who is trying to finalize a deal with Troy Warren for $30 and has already sent this money and no cards received and now no response. Also contacted today about another person wondering about Troy Warren, so I'm notifying the group that we may have an issue. His email is rohwrestling@yahoo.com. I've contacted him and awaiting a response. If anyone has done a deal successfully with him or unsuccessfully, please let me know.......

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Troy

No score for this post
April 3 2014, 8:56 AM 

Troy contacted me and said that, although he's had some bad dels in the past, he's keeping it on the up and up now. SO.....buyer beware. He also contacted the buyer and said the cards are on the way. I will keep you apprised if this does not work out.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Anonymous
(Login milkit1)

Re: @@@@@ Troy Warren - WARNING @@@@@

No score for this post
April 3 2014, 2:34 PM 

Thanks tom for the update. I got an email saying he sent the cards so hopefully they'll get here. I dont really think Troy is trying to rip me but was the more the combination of finding out he wasnt a registered user and the slight delay in shipping plus another member asking about him as well. Ill keep ya posted happy.gif

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 3 2014, 5:30 PM 

Kudos to our " MOD" for keeping an eye on this matter.

There have been many "offers" over the last few years that I passed on..cause the person or persons were unknown inside our little community.

TO FOLKS OUTSIDE THE NET54 fold ( or new here): Don't expect much from B/S/T if no one knows you and you provide no details on what you collect or who you have dealt with prior. If you have an Anon Screen name...well, that only drives folks away. It IS the Web , afterall?

I good 'INTRODUCTION" Post and " Screenname" would fetch better results. WAY Better.

" Tellin it like it is since 1969 "

Howard
(Login Howard62)

I believe he is scamming...

No score for this post
April 6 2014, 10:15 AM 

Made a deal with Troy on Thursday the 27th, contacted him on Monday the 31st and he said the cards had been shipped but they haven't arrived. It's rare that a small envelope can take more then a week. After seeing this post on the board I am no longer expecting these cards to show up. Does he have a history of doing this? I will update if cards arrive but no longer expecting them.

This message has been edited by Howard62 from IP address 75.181.74.156 on Apr 6, 2014 5:53 PM

tony fryer
(Login thescooper)

No score for this post
April 6 2014, 11:38 AM 

TONY or TROY?
I don't want to get blackballed here!

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Definitely......

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 6 2014, 2:04 PM 

Definitely Troy Warren......at least two people into him for about $30 each. I do not have confidence that he is,,as he says, keeping it 'on the up and up'c. People who have ethics don't really need that phrase in their lives. Guess there's always a chance he might come through, but it doesn't look good. For now, everyone else should stay away from dealing with Troy Warren. We have had little to no issues of this like on the but sell trade threads and Mr Warren appears to be one of our first scammers. Please be advised.......

Ted
(Login agfav)

2nd

No score for this post
April 6 2014, 4:16 PM 

I was the second person to contact Tom about Troy Warren. Troy contacted me on Sunday March 30, 2014. I was suspicious because I did not know the name from the board & he had both the N31 & N32's I posted I wanted to buy. He had them because his granddad had "pasted" away & they were just "siting" around. I told him I was interested but I had to put money in paypal (actually wanted to check into him) so he would have to wait for the money. I then contacted Tom (many thanks) & have not heard from Troy since. I think he is from another country because his English grammar is all f***** up. Also got the feeling he was up to something
using paypal (if possible). I did not want to take any chances and I advise you not to get involved with
Troy Warren.

Yours in honesty on Net 54,

Ted Malash

Sean
(Login milkit1)

No score for this post
April 6 2014, 6:27 PM 

wow! yeah its official then, rip job. Im out $30 (and by accident I gifted it so Im REALLY out). What a bastard. when the suspicion all started last Wednesday, he actually replied to me saying the cards had been sent. What was the point in even doing that?!?! Thank god it was only $30 and not $300

John
(Login wonkaticket)

No score for this post
April 6 2014, 7:27 PM 

Ughhh thanks for the heads up Tom.

Bill Cox
(Login coxwm2)

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 7:03 PM 

I got suckered too. Out $30 paid as a Paypal GIFT for some older cards.

I have taken the liberty to contact the Paypal Fraud Department regarding Troy accepting Paypal GIFT payments in order to avoid paying fees.

I have notified Troy of this as well.

We'll see if shaking the tree bares any fruit (I am not holding out hope here).

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Ugghh.....

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 8:52 PM 

Sorry Bill......his modus operandi seems to be to contact people from the wantlists and perpetrate his $30 crime....certainly hope no one is taken for much more.....

tony fryer
(Login thescooper)

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 9:39 PM 

When I used to send the boxes of cards around,They never came back to me! I felt a bit pissed but put it down to experience. I was allowed to swap when someone else done this and I was new to the boards. So I thought why not? Now I know why not!

ron strader
(Login docrds)

troy warren

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 9:45 AM 

I bought a graded E75 boxing card from Troy on March 27..He gave me a different paypal # then his e-mail and the payment went through...BUT no card yet..Sounds like he has been busy.

Dan C
(Login DanCalandriello)

for what it's worth

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 10:12 AM 

Howard
(Login Howard62)

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 11:34 AM 

I don't think that could be the same Troy Warren from that link, somewhere through that it said the guy has ripped off between 3-10 million, can't see the same guy going for $15. - $30.00

Ted
(Login agfav)

It's Him

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 3:34 PM 

Troy Warren's Paypal address is combatzonewrestling. It only makes sense he would be ripping off people
on a wrestling site. $30.00 a pop adds up quick. I bet he's all over the internet. They say 75% - 90% of the people don't report it (they don't want to people to know they fell for a scam).

This message has been edited by agfav from IP address 47.17.139.189 on Apr 8, 2014 4:43 PM

Kurt K.
(Login Monsterwax)

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 5:09 PM 

The first thing you never want to do is to "gift" strangers. The fact they ask you to should be a red flag. It takes away your refund rights ...which are otherwise very considerable using PayPal (but only when demanded within a 30 day window).

It's another "trick" they use on victims to make them embarrassed to report it, since they basically have to admit to Paypal they were abusing the "friends and family" payment option.

This message has been edited by Monsterwax from IP address 67.235.231.147 on Apr 8, 2014 5:14 PM

John M
(Login dublin6)

attorney general

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 9:22 PM 

I ordered from an outfit in Texas, some DVD's. Sent payment, and was told they were on the way, after about three weeks I sent an email, saying I was going to contact the Texas, Federal and Pa. Attorney generals, if they weren't received in 5 days. They came in 4 days. This may be a possibility, to cause him difficulty. Just a suggestion.

Sean
(Login milkit1)

No score for this post
April 10 2014, 7:11 PM 

wow! this thread has been busy since I last looked. Reporting doesnt seem to do much. I knew someone that had a guy dead to rights on a fake autographed card (found the card on ebay unsigned bought by seller). Went to the postmaster general and they said: " basically if its under $20 grand we cant do anything about it".

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index