Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
Anonymous
(Login back2denali)

Re: @@@@@ Troy Warren - WARNING @@@@@

No score for this post
April 16 2014, 10:58 PM 

I was also contacted by him for a Horrors of War card ($150). I talked to him on the phone and asked for additional photos of the card (I wanted to make sure he actually had the card in hand). He couldn't provide photos and quickly lowered the price to $75 if I would send it Western Union.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Howard62
(Login Howard62)

Refund

No score for this post
April 22 2014, 3:46 PM 

Paypal did settle in my favor and refunded my payment. I hope others filed as well.

Sean
(Login milkit1)

No score for this post
April 23 2014, 8:25 PM 

I gifted like a maroon so Im kind of out of luck sad.gif

Varga, Richard
(Login dixpix)

ME TOO, Maybe

No score for this post
April 24 2014, 3:43 PM 

Tom,
I have sent the attached email to Troy Warren based on the two email addresses he used in offering to sell me Dick Tracy R41 cards on Net54. Sorry for the spacing - but that's how it is.

I'm a little more trusting and he's into me for $50.00 - PayPal transcactions documented.

Hope he has the courtesy to respond, but I doubt it. Seems he has every card everyone needs.

Thanks for your help

Dick v
----------------------------------------------
Troy,

Haven't heard from you since I sent you $50. I am prepared to send this info to Net 54 and eBay for theft.
Please let me know what is your plan. I do have all the Transaction Numbers and a copy of your correspondence indicating you have the cards.

I will be sending a copy of this email to Tom Boblitt of Net54 because I see you might have a history.

Dick Varga

30-Mar-14 Payment For Troy Warren czwcombatzonewrestling@yahoo.com Completed ($25.00)
30-Mar-14 Canceled Payment
rohwrestling@yahoo.com The payment was canceled and the money has been returned to your PayPal account. $25.00
30-Mar-14 Payment For
rohwrestling@yahoo.com Completed ($25.00)
30-Mar-14 Payment For Troy Warren czwcombatzonewrestling@yahoo.com Completed ($25.00)

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Sorry.....

No score for this post
April 24 2014, 8:12 PM 

Sorry so many unsuspecting people got caught up in this complete losers web. Hopefully, there is an extra warm part of Hell reserved for these people when they get there. They are the takers and cheaters......

dan mckee
(Login danmckee)

No score for this post
April 24 2014, 8:13 PM 

Does anyone have an address on this guy?

Did anyone send a money order somewhere?

God I hope it is in Maryland!

I can swing by
<spanwww.danmckee.com/pictures/types001.jpg>

Glenn
(Login gmf2482)

Troy Warren

No score for this post
February 16 2017, 5:47 PM 

I noticed some communication in 2014 about Troy Warren ripping off members of this site. I am trying to ascertain if it is the same Troy Warren who has now started a firm called Let's Talk Business Radio. Please go to their website and you can see a characture of him. I don't know if any of you ever saw him, but please respond asap if you have any info. He used to live in Chandler, AZ and has now moved to Evanston, IL. thank you.

dave p
(Login lotsastuff)

troy warren

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 17 2017, 8:51 AM 

it's been awhile but i ran into a scammer on ebay. involved a number of other buyers. since the guy used the u.s. mail to "send" the items and i paid with a postal money order (which was a similar experience to the others involved), the group of people involved filed a complaint with ebay and the postal service. bottom line is the guy was convicted of mail and wire fraud and went to prison. i got two follow-ups when this guy came up for parole. he was denied the first time and don't know what happened the second time. ebay made good on the purchase price, but not the shipping costs. it was close to $200 for my purchase, not sure what the other "buyers" had in it.

while it was a pain in the butt to pursue this, i did feel some satisfaction this guy got busted, in part, due to my involvement.

MIKE WHITE
(Login mwbeatles)

TROY WARREN

No score for this post
February 20 2017, 5:59 PM 

I don't think its the same guy. Certainly the picture is the same Troy Warren I dealt with back in 2014. I talked to him many times on the phone and he was a small-time punk and don't think he would have the capability to do a super duper website like that. Back in 2014 Troy was in FL.

David K
(Login p27159)

Troy Warren, I think it IS the same scam guy

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 4:06 PM 

I am pretty sure this Troy Warren who is scamming people on this site IS the same Troy Warren as the one who scammed lots of people in the other scams mentioned here, as well as the company called BBZ and "My Free Gas" and probably others.

This guy's entire life is based off scamming people. It's sad that he can keep getting away with it. If he could only take the same amount of brainpower that he used to concoct his scams and put it toward a LEGIT business, maybe he'd do well.

it's just sad that he can keep setting up LLCs, scamming people, and then dissolving the LLC and create a new one and stay one step ahead of his victims and the law every time. It's like Whack-A-Mole.

David K
(Login p27159)

found more info on Troy Warren's scams

Score 1.0 (1 person)
May 3 2017, 5:48 PM 

I just posted here saying that Troy Warren was linked to other scams, and I found the info I was thinking of. This was published in the St Petersburg Times sometime in 2008 or 2009:

• A lawsuit by MasterCard International in 1991 that accused Warren and more than a dozen other defendants of taking millions from consumers through false offers of low-rate credit cards under a company they ran, called Listworld. The case was settled and dismissed.

• Listworld filed bankruptcy and reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, which shut the operation down for deceptive practices.

• A bankruptcy filing that left Warren with a judgment for $1.9 million that he was declared responsible for in an order in 2006.

• An order by the Arizona Corporation Commission that Warren pay $20, 000 in restitution to investors for selling stock he did not register for a charitable Internet business, FreeFundRaisingPrograms.com Inc.

• The Better Business Bureau gave Warren an "F" for his failed SearchBigDaddy.com Internet products and services business because of complaints, failure to respond to complaints and lack of business background.

• Warren also has been sued at least five times for failing to pay state and federal taxes in the tens of thousands of dollars, from the early 1990s to 2005.

Anonymous
(Login imarobot)

No score for this post
May 3 2017, 10:23 PM 

I find it a little remarkable that people are still getting ripped off by this guy after a post which started in 2014 blasting him. How much proof do people need to think something might not be right? I think in this case greed is rearing its ugly head. If it's too good to be true, dah.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index