Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

AUGUST PICKUPS

August 7 2014 at 3:58 PM
No score for this post

cliff  (Login Marslife)
from IP address 24.144.132.60

Picked up in antique store junk bin on the way back from National. not cards but appear to be tobacco related made out of Wood!

too bad they are broken. cool peices. can anyone offer any more info than whats on them?

TTYL!

Cliff

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Marslife from IP address 24.144.132.60 on Aug 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jerry B
(Login jbnonsport)

A few recents

No score for this post
August 7 2014, 5:39 PM 

This complete set of N44's from fellow board member puts me over 50% of all Allen and Ginter's from series' N1 thru N44, it is a long haul.

[linked image]

Trimmed but I could not resist the crystal clear image

[linked image]

I believe these two cards to be cataloged as in ACC as H385

[linked image]
[linked image]

A real beauty, S140 oil cloth silk from Jeff F.

[linked image]

And finally a new hanging piece, a framed H585 Sailor girls premium trade card

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
RDwyer
(Login R.Dwyer)

Re: AUGUST PICKUPS

No score for this post
August 7 2014, 9:53 PM 

Picked up this complete set of Topps Civil War News. (1962)

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Gary May
(Login jeromebelasco)

Belgian gum wrapper....

No score for this post
August 8 2014, 2:52 PM 

can't decide whether its 1940's, 50's or 60's!
[linked image]

This message has been edited by jeromebelasco from IP address 217.34.53.250 on Aug 9, 2014 2:00 AM

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

August Pick-ups

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 1:49 AM 

Thanks Marty for the two blue border Turkish Trophies Puzzle Cards.

On the Wham Gum wrapper for the Pulver Pictures cards, it states, "It is not original WHAM GUM unless the initials WG appear somewhere in the picture. Look for WG." I've only got four of the R108 cards and can find WG on only one of them. Other cards in the Gallery are too low res to be definitive, but I think I see a couple more cards with WG. Am I missing something or do only a few in the set of 30 have the WG on the front? Maybe most of the cards circulating are fake. Not really. - Jack J.

[linked image]

Mark
(Login kurlywurly)

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 7:09 AM 

a couple of sweet pick ups .
Range from early 1920's through to late 1930's . UK issues .

[linked image]

Jerry B
(Login jbnonsport)

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 7:47 AM 

Mark,

Really like that scarecrow card. I am just starting to collect some foreign issues, there are some great cards.
Just curious what series does that card hail from?

One of the great things about card collecting is that there is always room to expand horizons, one way or another!

Mark
(Login kurlywurly)

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 8:10 AM 

Hi Jerry ,
many thanks for sharing your sterling efforts each month , greatly appreciated .

Info....
the Scarecrow card is from the Barratt issue Wizard Of Oz , consists of 12 cards , some with white borders or some with the borders cut ,the fronts have a matt or varnish finish .

I like the ' Goof ' card and am quite pleased it's not named Goofy .

Jerry , nothing special in here but it might be worth a look for you .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97667017@N05/sets/

This message has been edited by kurlywurly from IP address 86.164.39.103 on Aug 9, 2014 5:14 PM

Ross
(Login ExcessBaggage)

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 8:29 PM 

A couple nice pick-ups for me. These were purchased in July I think but just now got around to scanning them.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

Boone

No score for this post
August 9 2014, 11:56 PM 

[linked image]
Frank

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

neat Oakley

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 7:16 AM 

what is the size?

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

Jerry

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 8:32 AM 

Tough Admiral trade card - all I've seen have nautical themes (I have a single type) and all are high quality "art works" with color-rich lithography. Indian on oil cloth also scarce but I'm posting to take note of the Cigarette Making Girl - always a favorite. Never looked the different series up in the WTI but there are apparently at least 4/5 different sizes and as many or more different styles of matting. Then there's the different color mats and different printing styles. Finally they are infrequently encountered and the asking prices tend to be out of line with what the market would bear given their limited collector base. Not great for the set collector!
Thought I'd take the opportunity to post the only ones I've managed to hold onto including my giant (too big for the scanner I sacrificed the inconsequential top portion) They are NOT items I acquired this month but wasn't inclined to start a thread happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Gary May
(Login jeromebelasco)

Checklist cards..........

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 10:56 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]

Ross
(Login ExcessBaggage)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 11:34 AM 

Thanks Henry,
The Annie Oakley card is about the size of a CDV, approx. 4 1/2" x 2 5/8".

Ross

Dave Hornish
(Login dsh46)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 11:45 AM 

Mug mug mug....from the 70's I think:

[linked image]

Ron
(Login madmoney1)

Jerry the two cards are not H-385

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 5:58 PM 

This number is describing a railroad set that is blue and gold .-so far three are known.
What U have is two Buffords stock cards - that are part of a neat 8? Card set.

Ron

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

not nice to try and fool mother nature

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 7:55 PM 

or madmoney happy.gif BTW Jerry - more than half way to all 44 sets is quite impressive. What are you going to do about N36 and N43? Cryptocard just paid over 1000. for a Geronimo in about vg/x? They are hard to find and pricey. Do you go for the complete sets or just the NS? Any attention to the condition? If not apparent - I'm quite impressed as it's a daunting task I abandoned a while back. I have managed to keep a run of the Ginter albums and a set or two. I will say that while it will obviously take time - it's actually an attainable goal if you keep at it. I'm rooting for you big time!

Jerry B
(Login jbnonsport)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 8:15 PM 

Ron, I wasn't sure about those two cards but knew you would correct me. In fact I had almost premised my post with "Ron will probably correct me on these" Thank You. I will be in touch soon about some more "lists"

Henry, I was under bidder on the Geronimo tonight. I sold my PSA 5 last winter for $1800 to make some quick cash, I believe "cryptocard" was under bidder on that one. Thought I had a good chance at replacing the card tonight. There is always next time.

Yes over half way thru the Ginter's main sets. I have many complete sets, some graded, mostly SGC, some raw sets and pretty much have most sets started. The N36, N28, N29 and N43 will be major challenges and expense.

Also a big fan of the "Cigarette Girls", thanks for showing. Curious, what do you suppose the # in the picture represents? Possibly station #.

Mark, Thanks for links to foreign card sets, there are some great subjects, persons, images, colors etc.

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

hmmmmm

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 8:53 PM 

I want to sell or trade my Geronimo N36 happy.gif It was the only one I kept when I abandoned the set at 30 something. Now that I've started again with low grade examples I don't need one as a type. Mine has no BD and isn't graded.
As for the numbering on the tables - I think you are correct. It was a BUSY factory and assume it had something to do with accounting - Katie station 352 today and we'll be watching your production!

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

A&G

No score for this post
August 11 2014, 12:00 PM 

I'm sitting at 41% of all A&G N1-N44's......I haven't really put as much effort into it as I should have lately either. My checklists aren't 100% correct but I show something like 2256 possible cards (know thats at least a dozen or more low) and I have 926. Unfortunately only about 125-130 large cards. Some sets I just haven't even started yet either......Fans and Parasol Drill just don't do it for me. IF (big IF) I ever get over 70% on all, I would consider buying a set of them. And the N28/N29/N36/N43 are low too. If I pulled out those (6) sets, it would take me up to about 47%. I used to add 30-40 to that list ever year at the National with Bob Marcy but he's been out a couple years now. Guess I'll have to pick off some more on ebay......

""

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index