Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

NOVEMBER PICKUPS

November 5 2014 at 6:29 PM
No score for this post

mr moses  (Login 1880snonsports)
from IP address 71.196.86.240

Like the privilege of decanting and pouring the first glass of a rare Claret - I will endeavor to rise to the task and hope the following to be worthy. My round album, N162 Keefe, 3 different somewhat distressed BANNERS (no frames). Finally and perhaps most special and important despite the round album being one of my holy grails is the much appreciated "extra" Marty secretely put into a package he sent me to conclude a trade we made. He knew I had been looking for such a box and sent it to me - free - gratis - and it's in quite nice condition. I couldn't be happier so many thanks go out to Marty yet again. All that and the 2 duplicate low grade N36 indians I got each sold for 86.00! More times than not I'm the bug - this time the windshield.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jim
(Login visionlures)

Re: NOVEMBER PICKUPS

No score for this post
November 5 2014, 6:39 PM 

Beauties Henry,
Are those old outboard motors behind the banners?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

November Pick-ups

No score for this post
November 5 2014, 7:26 PM 

Some great looking Tobacco stuff Henry. It's always a thrill to knock something off a long-term want list.

Now to get back on track, a couple of wrappers. - Jack J.

1940 R77 wrapper and game card stiffener
[linked image]

[linked image]

1934 V254 wrapper
[linked image]

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

it's the seller's room

No score for this post
November 5 2014, 9:53 PM 

compared to mine it's empty. He does deal in airplane parts and boat motors as per my conversation with him over the phone. As for a wrapper putting us back "on track" - depends on one's perspective. I will admit to wishing I could collect the Indiam gum cards and wrapper. I wake-up sweating - throw some cold water on my face - and it's all good again happy.gif

marty
(Login 030190)

HENRY 'EXTRA'

No score for this post
November 5 2014, 11:02 PM 

Hello Henry:

Loved your photo display and many thanks for mentioning my name BUT all good things must come to an end here.

I cut and pasted the following from your chat line message above:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is the much appreciated "EXTRA' , MARTY secretly put into a package he sent me to conclude a trade we made. He knew I had been looking for such a box and sent it to me - free - gratis -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This (extra marty).was strictly A MISTYPE ..It should have read EXTRA MONEY !!!

I am looking for EXTRA MONEY !!

Never forget Barrett Strong's famous lyric 'Money don't get everything it's true, but what it don't get I can't use'.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

November Pickups

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 12:10 AM 

Henry - Just kidding with the "back on track" crack. I love seeing everything posted, including things I don't personally collect. The cigarette albums and banners just blow me away. I've tried the cold water in the face trick, but it doesn't seem to work very well. A quick peek in my wallet works better. -Jack J.

mr moses
(Login 1880snonsports)

was just messin wit ya Jack

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 12:41 AM 

if my tobacco cards had come in wrappers we'd be rastling........... I always like chasing the "side elements" in my hobbying - like the cases dags and ambro photos came in for the most part over the photos themselves - the advertising a bit over the cards.
As for Mr. "T" I came out quite a bit wealthier as a result of Marty sleeping a certain auction. I like what I parted with but it cost him a bit more than if he had been able to keep his eyes open. He still came in well below what I've sold my part for in the past and I was a bit surprised by what the two low grade indians brought - not that they're not "worth" it - just seems most things selling at a discount these days. Honestly thought going in I'd just get my opening.... Marty should get a new phone - I hear they take guality pix and have an alarm. I do wish I'd met him earlier on as he really is a lot of fun - and he would have had more time to take advantage of me.
They just defeated the medical pot law here - I told my wife she'll just have to live with that pain in her ass.............

Gary May
(Login jeromebelasco)

Slim pickings.........

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 6:59 AM 

from the weekend!
[linked image]
[linked image]

D*vid H*lpen
(Login doowopfan)

Colinville

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 7:56 AM 

Nice Colinville space cards. I have been slowly working on this set.

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Big Newsboy Lot

Score 5.0 (1 person)
November 6 2014, 11:24 AM 

Lot of (52) Cabinets, (7) Falk Cabinets.....(4) of which identically match their green bordered N566 Newsboy counterparts (with Lillian Russell) and the rest N566 Newsboys with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle among others. A few dupes. If you see a dupe you need, I'd love to trade for cabinets I don't have..........

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

mark
(Login kurlywurly)

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 4:42 PM 

I don't usually do wrappers but the colours and speed ' animation ' on this one caught my eye .

Henry , the round thing ain't half nice , well done to you .

[linked image]

This message has been edited by kurlywurly from IP address 31.52.225.183 on Nov 6, 2014 4:47 PM

ted
(Login agfav)

great day

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 5:37 PM 

It looks like you had a great day Henry. The album is amazing. The A&G pictures along with the Old Gold
picture are classics. I would love to have any of them. Now a question did all Sweet Caporal boxes come
with 2 "cards". I do not know what they call them as I don't know cigarette packs. Congrats on a super pick up.
May be "PICK UP OF THE YEAR" in my book with that album included.

This message has been edited by agfav from IP address 47.17.130.138 on Nov 7, 2014 2:25 PM

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

No score for this post
November 7 2014, 3:28 PM 

Nice lot of (26) R79 Leader Discs with (6) SGC graded

[linked image]

Nice N566 Newsboy of White House a.k.a. Presidential Mansion

[linked image]

ted
(Login agfav)

Another

No score for this post
November 7 2014, 5:41 PM 

lucky guy - our leader with a great month so far. Great stuff Tom. Love those discs, do you know
how they were distributed?
Also, The Cabinets you picked up are loaded with "stars" of the time. A lot of them are
formally trained (Shakespeare, etc.) . I saw Richard Mansfield & some others there, they were
big stars from what I have read. A group of really nice cards. tm

This message has been edited by agfav from IP address 47.17.120.70 on Nov 8, 2014 6:23 PM

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
November 7 2014, 6:43 PM 

Hey Tom,

It looks like two of those R79s would be new additions to the gallery. How do your remaining twenty stack up against the gallery reference; any others that could be added?

J0hn Raff3rty
(Login swarmee)

My "gets"

No score for this post
November 7 2014, 10:19 PM 

all.jpg Top Left: T-6 Brown University
Top Mid: L-40 New York University College Yell
Top Right: German card of Edward Hamm, 1928 Olympic Standing Long Jump Gold Medalist (Georgia Tech). I also have a wire photo of this leap.
Left mid: T-63 of General Leonard Wood: The General had a long and storied career including Rough Riders, Governor of Cuba, President of the Philippines, player/coach of the 1893 Georgia Tech team, 1882 Brown U football player, and 1920 Republican candidate for President, aside from being the Secretary of the War (now Defense) Department.
Bottom left: 28 cards of the T-175 Heroes of the Spanish (American) War set from Sweet Caporal, including Leonard Wood and other Generals, Senators, Governors, etc.
Bottom Right: Grab bag of Rails-n-Sails, Wings Friend or Foe, car cards, and 1954 Parkhurst (Canada) Wrestling cards.

This message has been edited by swarmee from IP address 70.187.44.229 on Nov 8, 2014 8:44 AM

mark
(Login kurlywurly)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
November 8 2014, 3:18 AM 

Tom ,

nice discs , poor labels .

some Thunderbirds from 1966 , tough in high grade .

[linked image]

This message has been edited by kurlywurly from IP address 31.52.225.183 on Nov 8, 2014 12:26 PM

tony fryer
(Login thescooper)

THUNDERBIRDS

No score for this post
November 9 2014, 12:56 AM 

that what re-kindled my card collecting, still some of my favourite sets,

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

November Pick-ups

No score for this post
November 10 2014, 9:42 PM 

Here are cards from a couple of obscure Canadian sets from the 1920's including V93 Rin-Tin-Tin and DC2 Boy of Mine. - Jack J.

[linked image]

Mark
(Login kurlywurly)

No score for this post
November 11 2014, 12:54 PM 

Hi Tony , The 'Birds were popular round our parts .
I was lucky enough to pick up the Thunderbird set in a condition that matches the easily available 2nd series , makes the set flow .

You remember this little guy ?
Also picked up a nice set of this seldom seen issue .

Good home point against strong opposition happy.gif

[linked image]

This message has been edited by kurlywurly from IP address 31.52.225.183 on Nov 11, 2014 12:58 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index