Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

R51 Wilbur-Suchard backs question

February 25 2017 at 3:23 PM
Chris C  (Login chrisj1983)

As I understand, there are three unique backs, the Series of 29, Series of 36 and the USA blank. In the Series of 36, the third line reads "Wilbur Chocolate Bars" and in the 29 Series the third line reads "Wilbur 1c Chocolate Bars". I have two examples of the Series of 29 type with the "1c" price omitted, but the space for the characters is there. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks!
-Chris

[linked image]

This message has been edited by chrisj1983 on Feb 25, 2017 3:58 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

Re: R51 Wilbur-Suchard backs question

February 26 2017, 4:14 PM 

Chris,

No explanation that I know of. I only have the set of 29 and I have only had it for a few weeks so I'm no expert. It sure looks as though they simply removed the one cent from the printing plate. Do you suppose that they raised the price over the course of these cards lifespan? Do we know of a firm issue date for the series of 29? what about the series of 36?

I realize that I have not helped at all but I'm curious just as you are.

Chris C
(Login chrisj1983)

Re: R51 Wilbur-Suchard backs question

February 28 2017, 8:34 PM 

No worries, Daniel. It does seem like the fact the price is what is missing is a clue. I thought maybe others would report having seen variations with other prices.

This message has been edited by chrisj1983 on Feb 28, 2017 8:34 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index