Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Shirley Maclaine Ticket/Card Questions

February 27 2017 at 8:10 PM
No score for this post
Alan Elefson  (Login alanelefson1)

Hi-

I recently purchased the Shirley Maclaine item scanned below for 25 cents and I have some questions regarding it. On the front is a picture of Maclaine along with a facsimile signature. The back says T.A.P. Commutor (sp) Pass along with a person's name and address and the word specimen stamped on the back. Here are my questions.

How old are these passes? It does not have a zip code but based on the look and feel I would guess it is from the 1980s, but I could be completely off.

Did they feature other actors and actresses? How many are in the "set"?

Any other information is greatly appreciated and please feel free to post your own examples if you have any.

Alan
aelefson@hotmail.com

LOV5mVs.jpg
cfqEaO2.jpg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login sthoemke)

Re: Shirley Maclaine Ticket/Card Questions

No score for this post
February 28 2017, 2:59 PM 

I think the pass may be older than you suspect.

The image originates from a publicity photo for the 1955 movie The Trouble With Harry.

http://www.historyforsale.com/shirley-maclaine-picture-post-card-signed/dc79854/38

The faux signature on the card is very different from MacLaine's modern autographs.

"T.A.P." should be an abbreviation for "Transit Access Pass", if that might provide a clue for research.

I think the card stock/graphics point to mid to late 1950's.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Alan Elefson
(Login alanelefson1)

Re: Shirley Maclaine Ticket/Card Questions

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 4:20 PM 

Thanks! I tried a search using Transit Access Pass and still came up empty. It would be cooler if it is from the 50s/60s.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index