Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Help to ID Some Western Stars from the 60's

March 18 2017 at 6:29 PM
No score for this post
Amit Benyovits  (Login docsdrillers)
from IP address 99.252.129.41

Guys

Awhile back i bought a lot of very cool and colourful Western Japanese Menko cards.

Although the names aren't written on the cards i was able to identify most from my TV watching days.

However,i have a handful left that i can't name so i'm asking for your help and it allows the board to have some fun at the same time.

After all nothing is more "American" than Westerns and apple pie:)

Enjoy,
Amit

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MARTIN KRIM
(Login 030190)

WESTERNS

No score for this post
March 18 2017, 6:47 PM 

#1 SUGARFOOT (Will Hutchins) - Sugarfoot, Sugarfoot, easy loping cattle ropin Sugarfoot - once you get his dander up, ain't no one who's quicker on the draw....You'll find him on the side of law and order, from the MexicanE border to the rolling hills of Arkansas etc etc (and I did NOT google the song - which probably tells too much about my LONELY LONELY CHILDHOOD..

#2 HENRY FONDA.

#3 None other than Ricky Nelson (never missed his show) Could be from RIO BRAVO..

#4 BRONCO LANE (Ty Hardin)...2nd rate show..

#5/#6 Never watch the show...

#6 CHEYENNE (Clint Walker)..Cheyenne, Cheyenne where will you be travelin' tonight....Lonely man, Cheyenne will your heart stay free and light...Dream Cheyenne of the girl you may never love, drift along Cheyenne like a restless star up above..(faster now) the wind that blows then comes and goes has been your only home - but will the wild wind one see when you'll no longer roam...Move along Cheyenne, next pasture's always so green - drift along Cheyenne don't forget the things you have seen and when you settle down where will it be (big finish) CHEYENNE, CHEYENNE (only from memory)No corrections necessary...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Keith
(Login geowashington)

Re: Help to ID Some Western Stars from the 60's

No score for this post
March 18 2017, 6:57 PM 

You're pretty good Marty.I believe number 5 and 6 are both Robert Fuller. He was in the tv westerns Laramie and Wagon Train.

Amit Benyovits
(Login docsdrillers)

WOW WOW WOW

No score for this post
March 18 2017, 7:00 PM 

Colour me Impressed.

I can almost here the Guitar Strumming in the background and then i realized it was Marty's voice...so i wakeup from this Nightmare sweating.

Dang it..can't get that Marty's voice out of my head...Not sure how the wife does it:)

Well done..most impressive.

Amit

Amit Benyovits
(Login docsdrillers)

Well done Keith

No score for this post
March 18 2017, 7:05 PM 

I think you are bang on with Robert Fuller.
thanks,
Amit

Much appreciate the lack of singing:)

Anonymous
(Login flubadub)

Re: Help to ID Some Western Stars from the 60's

No score for this post
March 18 2017, 7:34 PM 

Bronco spent his time tear'n across the Texas plain. And show me a horse that he can't handle, that's how he got his name.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index