Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

The Outer Limits of My Patience

March 20 2017 at 7:34 PM
No score for this post
Terry   (Login TerGom)

Since Kurt mentioned a BIN item in the last thread and it appears that such items don’t constitute an “outing” of an item, the same dealer has two other BIN postings which really annoy me. I'm referring to the Outer Limits pack and display box. These are OPC (Canadian), items. Now, I collect mostly Canadian items so I’d be very happy to acquire these. However, I would guess that many people here who collect packs and boxes might prefer the Topps versions. To a prospective buyer, it would be bloody nice to have this information to make a choice. Notice that there are no scans of the back of the pack or bottom of the box which might serve to help you out. GAI certainly had no clue what they were doing when grading the pack and the grading label for the box is not visible. Since I had contacted this dealer about these items in the past, I know he is aware that these are Canadian issues. I find it very misleading. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Outer-Limits-Bubblegum-Wax-Pack-GAI-8-5-Pristine-/332062993047?hash=item4d507f2a97:g:-j0AAOSw9NdXqnRe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-OUTER-LIMITS-GUM-CARD-5-CENT-DISPLAY-BOX-GAI-7-5-POP-1-OF-1-STUNNING-/330355463844?hash=item4ceab856a4:g:AxsAAOxyu0BRfHEZ

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jon Hardgrove
(Login carbking)

Re: The Outer Limits of My Patience

No score for this post
March 20 2017, 8:00 PM 

Terry - I understand your annoyance.

I see similar (although much less expensive) items frequently in many advertising arenas. In the genre of automobiles which I collect, there are at least 5 different sets which are called "Antique Cars", and at least 10 different sets which are called "Sports Cars". I now have them all complete, but when trying to complete, I got very aggravated at insufficient information. I finally got tired of asking for information. If the vendor cannot describe the product sufficiently accurately for me to know when he/she is selling, then the vendor does NOT need my business!

And I really don't know if the cause is ignorance or arrogance, but the end result is the same!

I even get slightly annoyed when a set of Firefighters is listed, but the back type is not listed (and no pictures of the backs).

And of course, there are the various older sets which have different backs, and only the fronts are pictured.

Jon.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Terry
(Login TerGom)

No score for this post
March 20 2017, 8:18 PM 

You raise some great points, Jon. It is very annoying when dealers don't provide scans of the backs of cards. I mean, how hard is that to do? I also get tired of constant inquiries because of missing information. But you're right--the only way to fight back is to not give them your business.

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

No score for this post
March 20 2017, 9:48 PM 

Terry
(Login TerGom)

No score for this post
March 21 2017, 7:56 AM 

That's a classic, Todd! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index