Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

WRAPPER MAGAZINE

April 26 2017 at 8:52 AM
No score for this post
tony fryer  (Login thescooper)

I see on the recent pick ups some vintage WRAPPER MAGAZINES, how many "full sets" or "near sets" out there?
I know Jerry bought a complete run years ago but anyone else still have all of theirs?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Les Davis
(Login LesWrap1)

Yup

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 26 2017, 9:21 AM 

Three copies of each(Ha)...and boy do they take up a lot of room in my apartment!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Chuck Millburn
(Login cemill)

Re: WRAPPER MAGAZINE

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 26 2017, 1:36 PM 

Started with Les at #29 - still missing #1-7 9 10

Jerry B
(Login jbnonsport)

Very Close

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 4:18 PM 

Started around #203. I can't find my handwritten need list among all my random papers, but believe I need less than 10 for a complete run. Jerry H. sold his set off a few years ago and I made a deal with him and filled in most of my set from his including #1.

Dave H0rnish
(Login dsh46)

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 6:27 PM 

I have a full set, although some of the first ten or so are photocopied. I'm one short on The Trader Speaks to boot.

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

I've.........

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 10:47 AM 

Got a near set minus 15-20 early ones and TONS of duplicates in the 100's up from buying a run from a REA or Mastro auction years back. Need to get through them all.

JOE!!
(Login sparky929)

ISSUE #2 TO DATE ON THE WRAPPER MAGAZINES!

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 10:57 AM 

I think I do have issue #2 to date and all original. I would have to gather them all up and check it out. I'm undecided on what I should do about keeping them or breaking them up. Decision I'll have to make one of these days. I keep going back and forth. There is a wealth of information in these magazines thanks to LES and all the contributors who write the articles. Thanks to all!
JOE
spark929

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 7:30 PM 

I'm down to thirteen for the complete run. I need 1-9,18,22,41, and 48. I do have the Mars Attacks Special issue. At some point I expect to find 18,22,41, and 48 but I know 1-9 will be very tough. Before the three I just picked up the last several I got came from Ralph Perry selling off his near set. I missed out on the earliest issues (4 to 11) which sold for $20.75 each.

Bill Christensen
(Login willhc)

Wrapper Magazine

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 30 2017, 6:13 PM 

I bought Dennis Owyang's (early Wrapper writer and contributor) Wrapper collection ten or so years ago and am missing #10 & either #116 or #118. I think my #1 is a copy of the original.

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

Score 2.0 (1 person)
May 1 2017, 7:37 AM 

Been working on filling in my set for quite some time. I'm down to needing a real #2 (I have the photocopy). So Joe, if you decide to sell, keep me in mind for that #2!!

Kyrt K
(Login Monsterwax)

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 12:20 AM 

After some serious downsizing, I had to let many treasures go... And the old Wrapper back-issues were NOT one of them! (To paraphrase Charleston Heston's NRA speech, "I'll give you my old Wrapper issues when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!")

I think two issues are photocopies, but they're otherwise complete.

I love going back and reading old articles (all except my own-- because I find too many typos!) One of the advantages to getting old and losing our memory is being able to re-read those classic articles for the very first time... again!

Keep 'em coming Les!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index