Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

WRAPPER MAGAZINE

April 26 2017 at 8:52 AM
tony fryer  (Login thescooper)

I see on the recent pick ups some vintage WRAPPER MAGAZINES, how many "full sets" or "near sets" out there?
I know Jerry bought a complete run years ago but anyone else still have all of theirs?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Les Davis
(Login LesWrap1)

Yup

April 26 2017, 9:21 AM 

Three copies of each(Ha)...and boy do they take up a lot of room in my apartment!

Chuck Millburn
(Login cemill)

Re: WRAPPER MAGAZINE

April 26 2017, 1:36 PM 

Started with Les at #29 - still missing #1-7 9 10

Jerry B
(Login jbnonsport)

Very Close

April 26 2017, 4:18 PM 

Started around #203. I can't find my handwritten need list among all my random papers, but believe I need less than 10 for a complete run. Jerry H. sold his set off a few years ago and I made a deal with him and filled in most of my set from his including #1.

Dave H0rnish
(Login dsh46)

April 26 2017, 6:27 PM 

I have a full set, although some of the first ten or so are photocopied. I'm one short on The Trader Speaks to boot.

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

I've.........

April 27 2017, 10:47 AM 

Got a near set minus 15-20 early ones and TONS of duplicates in the 100's up from buying a run from a REA or Mastro auction years back. Need to get through them all.

JOE!!
(Login sparky929)

ISSUE #2 TO DATE ON THE WRAPPER MAGAZINES!

April 27 2017, 10:57 AM 

I think I do have issue #2 to date and all original. I would have to gather them all up and check it out. I'm undecided on what I should do about keeping them or breaking them up. Decision I'll have to make one of these days. I keep going back and forth. There is a wealth of information in these magazines thanks to LES and all the contributors who write the articles. Thanks to all!
JOE

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

April 27 2017, 7:30 PM 

I'm down to thirteen for the complete run. I need 1-9,18,22,41, and 48. I do have the Mars Attacks Special issue. At some point I expect to find 18,22,41, and 48 but I know 1-9 will be very tough. Before the three I just picked up the last several I got came from Ralph Perry selling off his near set. I missed out on the earliest issues (4 to 11) which sold for $20.75 each.

Bill Christensen
(Login willhc)

Wrapper Magazine

April 30 2017, 6:13 PM 

I bought Dennis Owyang's (early Wrapper writer and contributor) Wrapper collection ten or so years ago and am missing #10 & either #116 or #118. I think my #1 is a copy of the original.

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

May 1 2017, 7:37 AM 

Been working on filling in my set for quite some time. I'm down to needing a real #2 (I have the photocopy). So Joe, if you decide to sell, keep me in mind for that #2!!

Kyrt K
(Login Monsterwax)

May 22 2017, 12:20 AM 

After some serious downsizing, I had to let many treasures go... And the old Wrapper back-issues were NOT one of them! (To paraphrase Charleston Heston's NRA speech, "I'll give you my old Wrapper issues when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!")

I think two issues are photocopies, but they're otherwise complete.

I love going back and reading old articles (all except my own-- because I find too many typos!) One of the advantages to getting old and losing our memory is being able to re-read those classic articles for the very first time... again!

Keep 'em coming Les!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>