Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

REA spring 2017 auction

May 1 2017 at 6:02 AM
No score for this post
J0hn Raff3rty  (Login swarmee)

Some interesting cards ended last night; I wound up with the T51 Murad complete set, and will use it towards upgrades. Whoever bought the GIGANTIC 10,000 card non-sports lot in 2015 and swapped some cards out and re-consigned it took a $8,000 haircut from $10,500 paid (plus BP) to receiving $4,250 this year. Didn't we think that might be battlefield based on some of the cards that popped up for sale on her eBay after the auction closed?
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=45695

A T209 Contentnea Uncle Sam card sold for $2,500.
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=43992

I also bought the lot of four signed contracts including Ted "Theodore" Williams and Joe DiMaggio autographs.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Was bidding............

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 2:53 PM 

Was bidding on 38 lots........at least initially.........got it down to about 6 realistically...........and won (2), none of which were nonsports.............

1961 Post Baseball complete set and 88 duplicate/variations
(3) 1954 Bowman Baseball sample sheets

REALLY wanted the N15 Generals set as it was a decent set and probably still worth the near $3K with the vig but just too much going on right now with graduation party for my 25 year old from Law school, vacations, house updates, wifes 50th coming up. It's like I almost have to consider other people when bidding on this stuff and it just isn't fair, right?

Congrats to all who picked up lots. I thought the great selection of A&G sets went for strong prices given the conditions.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

REA Spring Auction

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 3:04 PM 

I suspect that I will be kicking myself for quite a while for my policy of not bidding in these auctions. A number of really nice wrappers went for reasonable money. That Shelby Fighting Planes wrapper looked familiar as did the Goudey Sur-prise Picture Gum wrapper ... a couple on my wish list. Sigh... I hope they stayed in the Net-54 family. - Jack J.

jim
(Login visionlure)

Re: REA spring 2017 auction

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 4:16 PM 

Jack, I thought the wrappers should have been broken into lots,
not lumped together.

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 5:38 PM 

I feel exactly the same on the wrappers. I hate it when sets or groups are lumped together. Invariably I need some, but not all and certainly not enough to go after most lots. For my part I was in on nine non-sports lots, narrowed it down to two but got blanked at the last minute. In all honesty I thought I was at the top end of the lots that I wanted but someone felt that they were worth more. The one I will regret not going after harder was the R108 Pulver Pictures. That one was worth it in my mind and, with upgrades, I still need sixteen for my set.

Congrats to those who did win, but hey, Goldin started at midnight and I'm in on a couple of those lots so still hoping for some auction wins this summer.

cliff
(Login Marslife)

I Won!

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 1 2017, 6:08 PM 

As usual, all of the lots I had early bids on went way beyond my budget sad.gif

I did manage to win the Mecca wall hanger, will display nicely next to my T201 double folder master set display cabinet!

Cliff

[linked image]

Dave Lemon
(Login PSUinCT)

Giving credit where credits due....

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 7:06 PM 

Brian Dwyer (Rea),
I've been around this hobby for a long time and I've seldom see an individual make a different in improving an Auction house.
Your willingness to answer questions on this site is commendable but in changing this past Auctions extending bidding by having a 12:00 AM Midnight EDT dead line has won me back
as a participant in your auctions.

Thank You!

J0hn Raff3rty
(Login swarmee)

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 7:12 PM 

Very true; Brian and staff answered a couple of questions for me during the last day as well. And I like the midnight (or 11pm CT) ending time. Never tried staying up until 0'dark thirty for one of these.

Anonymous
(Login egbeachley)

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 8:30 PM 

John, Battlefield0516 won the other large lot of "N" cards and made a profit by selling them individually on eBay.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index