Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

May Pickups

May 2 2017 at 11:05 AM
Anonymous  (Login wdmullins)

Nice little lot of these; only one was punched.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jim
(Login visionlure)

Re: May Pickups

May 2 2017, 3:22 PM 

Nice way to start the month.

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

May 2 2017, 7:47 PM 

No joke; that's an awesome pickup!

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

May 2 2017, 8:24 PM 

Those are sweet!

My (busy) weekend pickups...

One of the rarest boxes of the 80's - a non-blacklined "Baby" box (99.9% are blacklined)...
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I think these are studio promo photo's (thin blank backed paper but normal card size)...
[linked image]

Some fun trade cards and trade card era booklets...
[linked image]

This one was in great shape...
[linked image]

Star Wars Sugar-free hoard...
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I love these ads! They have great graphics and are usually dated so you know when the items were issued...
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Much tougher Kookie Plaks...
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Some R94-1(including a Babe Come Home which I didn't even see until I got home)...
[linked image]

Not mint but mostly series of 312 white background...
[linked image]

[linked image]

The little heads are scraps but they have neat gold accents that are probably real gold...
[linked image]

Complete set of D12's with album...
[linked image]

I know they are silks, but these are some of the nicest shape ones I have seen...
[linked image]

[linked image]

Mostly tobacco. The trade card is by Kimball and I hadn't seen it before...
[linked image]

Here you go Freddie and the Dreamers fans - the ultimate collection...
[linked image]

Jason R.
(Login a71678)

May 2 2017, 9:58 PM 

Wow! Those National Chicle Novelties and that Freddie and the Dreamers ultimate lot are both awesome... for entirely different reasons!

J0hn Raff3rty
(Login swarmee)

May 2 2017, 10:31 PM 

Todd, interested in trading/selling that Amherst? I think it's a numbered card, right? Here's my latest three which almost completes my Master Set.
view

This message has been edited by swarmee on May 2, 2017 10:36 PM

Larry
(Login luckylarry777)

May 3 2017, 12:31 PM 

One of the members of my baseball card trading club sent me this 1962 Topps Mars Attacks card that arrived today. It was the last card I needed to complete my set!
Larry

photo fullsizeoutput_a52.jpeg

photo fullsizeoutput_a53.jpeg

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

May 3 2017, 3:16 PM 

Just a couple of days in and May is looking like a good month. Great Novelty cards. Todd, love the map silks and that's an odd orange color on the pennant printing.

Here are some odds and ends including some from several bread card sets.

[linked image]

Thanks to Tom for this, my first Bond Bread blotter.

[linked image]

And last, a Wilbur-Suchard Mickey Mouse candy bar wrapper. - Jack J.

[linked image] [linked image]

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

May 10 2017, 4:58 PM 

Hasn't anyone gotten anything in the last week?

A couple more Lefferts candy box train cars. Inside one of the boxes was a half ticket from Erie, PA. Does anyone know where this might have come from and when?

Here's the ticket. When could you get admission to anywhere for 20 cents. Thanks, Tom for a second blotter.

The Grand Canyon adds to my set, and the other three were upgrades. This is a beautiful set.

[linked image]

Last, a beautiful example of one of my favorite wrappers, World In Arms. - Jack J.

[linked image]

cliff
(Login Marslife)

May pickups

May 10 2017, 6:51 PM 

Man... u guys are unbelievable! awesome stuff as usual!

My Mecca wall hanger came in today, holy S%*T its huge! will have a hard time hiding this from the wife! I may have to build an extension on the house to display it...

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I bought this JP Coates off ebay, i was certain the horse was "Uhlan" (would be a nice companion piece to the Uhlan card in my T227 set....).

Came in and the horse is "Fantasy." I went back and looked a the listing and sure enough it said fantasy when I purchased it. I guess I was day dreaming or fantasizing about another great pickup?

Oh well it is a great piece... think I'll keep it. says famous horses second series on the back so I guess there is likely a set...

[linked image]
[linked image]

TTYL!

Anonymous
(Login imarobot)

May 10 2017, 8:04 PM 

Unfortunately, I believe the Sequoia you drive thru is no longer standing.

Greg Galliger
(Login GGterps)

Back log of pickups

May 13 2017, 10:19 PM 

Big Flag

Ohio Coffee Flags

[linked image]
[linked image]

Large Indian Silks

Dixie Lids

Canada Dry Esther Williams Bottle Topper

Strip Cards, I have not seen these before

[linked image]

Mother's Cookies

[linked image]
[linked image]

Bread Labels

[linked image]

Chinese tobacco

Circus Gum

Brach's Trains

Tobacco mostly

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

May 13 2017, 11:33 PM 

Some very large groups being picked up this month; quite a variety of stuff! Love seeing these in the pickup threads as I would otherwise not ever see this kind of variety of cards. Keep 'em coming!

Here's a group of ten Leader Discs that I was elated to pick up. I needed seven of the ten. Does anyone else collect these? I'd love to find a trading partner.

[linked image]

Three more of the very challenging R170 Warriors of the World; a couple of Believe it or Nots in good condition; the R98 completes my set; I'm only working on a basic set of Cops and Robbers but it has been slow going for me; the R75 is heavily trimmed, but it was a color scheme that I didn't have.

[linked image]

This R75 is in much better condition and brings me to within one to completing a base set of forty-eight; the American Beauty is in great shape; slowly ticking off War News Pictures (down to needing thirteen minus dirty dozen needs); five battleships, a really nice HOW upgrade, and a small group of The Second World War.

[linked image]

Three of the tough 97-120 Dick Tracys; down to needing eleven X-Ray savages after these two; four really nice Don't Let it Happen over Here; two R3 cards including an Army higher series and the two Mother's Cookies Sports Cars bring me to within two to completing what will be my first D set.

[linked image]

I didn't have an example of the R3 Marine box coupon so happy to get this one; always on the lookout for Sky Birds EX-ish cards but have missed out on several recently, however I did nab this one; the group of twenty VG World War Gum are a nice bump on my set in progress.

[linked image]

Typical foxing on the Soldier Boys, but otherwise nice; four more World War Gum but from the latter half of the set.

[linked image]

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Daniel..............

May 15 2017, 9:39 AM 

You're en fuego Daniel! Congrats on some nice pickups. Same for Todd! Great stuff in May and it's only 1/2 over!!

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

May 15 2017, 12:48 PM 

Chicle Novelty is UNDER Rated..Nice grab!

Freddie and the dreamers MASTER Collection per TR..pretty cool. Don't recall seeing that sell card with puzzle graphic. Original?

JJ finally got that World wrapper? neat.

Larry, always nice to get that LAST card! congrats

GG, those Japanese cards : they are on thinner stock, right?

Daniel is on quite a roll.

Cliff ...just turn mecca upside down , put a few checkers on it. The wife will never know (grin)

Was quite surprised to check in here and see so much this early in MAY! ( non sporters on the march!)

CR

" Showin the love since 1969 "

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

May 17 2017, 2:28 PM 

If there was a heaven for wrapper collectors, these three wrappers would be good candidates for over the gate. I am sure that all collectors of Non-sports wrappers are aware, a vast collection of vintage wrappers, mostly from the 50's through the 70's has recently come up for auction on Ebay. These are from that collection. From what I've seen, most appear to be opened from new-old stock as they are bright, shiny and folded in their original form. If anyone knows anything about this collection, or the collector, I'd love to hear the story. - Jack J.

This is the rarer one cent R701-15 Bowman Radio and TV Stars wrapper. Where the five cent has blue printing, this has green and this one says "one cent" and the other has no price. Also, one says "card" the other says "cards".

[linked image]

For comparison
[linked image]

A beautiful 1954 R701-10 Power For Peace wrapper.

[linked image]

And, (sigh), last but not least, maybe one of the finest wrappers associated with one of the finest sets ever to hit the Non-sports world, the 1962 R714-30 Mars Attacks wrapper. If I sound in awe, it's because I am. I never thought I'd be so honored as to add one of these to my collection. It is the new center piece.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by fallbrookjack on May 17, 2017 2:35 PM

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

I told him.........

May 17 2017, 3:32 PM 

I told him the guy that got the Mars Attacks wrapper the second time around was a TRUE wrapper guy. REALLY glad it was you Jack. Hopefully, once the nonsports wrappers have concluded, he'll come on and talk about his father-in-law's collection. I know he only sold so far what he said were duplicates. Good luck to those bidding and those that have won! I hope to win a few of the sports wrappers that have begun showing up.

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

Nice!

May 17 2017, 8:34 PM 

Great stuff, everyone. Here are my two:

[linked image]

Howe invented the sewing machine. 50 years ago, almost every home in America had a sewing machine thanks to him.
Now...I don't know anyone who owns one!

[linked image]

This message has been edited by eagle147 on May 17, 2017 9:04 PM

Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

May 17 2017, 9:25 PM 

Frank, you're about 100 years off on "his" invention of the sewing machine. And I still have my mothers old pump pedal Singer. Let me know if your skirt needs repairs.

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

May 17 2017, 9:38 PM 

Jack,
Those are some sweet wrappers! I have been watching those auctions but have not been able to win a thing. Many wrappers have gone for astronomical prices or you win them (HA!).

Frank,
My mom actually has a sewing machine and sews quite a bit. (of course you don't know her)

Now, it's time to board the "Weekend Pick-up Time Machine", so buckle up and enjoy the ride!!!!!

Before we leave we'll need to peruse some documentation...

[linked image]

Hey Les!!! What is the story on these? I was not aware of them. Did you only do the 2 issues?

[linked image]

First stop (a mere 20+ years ago) - the 1990's...

[linked image]

[linked image]

Next we'll drop back another 10 years - to the 1980's...

[linked image]
(it seems like the 80's loved the 30's for some reason)

[linked image]

Now on to those crazy 1970's...

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now let's go to one of my favorite decades - the 1960's...

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now on to Bill B's favorite decade - the 1950's...

[linked image]

[linked image]

Last stop, the golden age of bubble gum cards - the 1930's/40's...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Sadly, it is time to return to the present!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>