Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

Read Carefully

No score for this post
May 17 2017, 9:48 PM 

Todd.....wowie!!!

Scaryclown...

"Frank, you're about 100 years off on "his" invention of the sewing machine. And I still have my mothers old pump pedal Singer. Let me know if your skirt needs repairs."

Read my post more carefully my friend. There is a period after sewing machine: "sewing machine. 50 years ago almost every" A period separates sentences.

The sewing machine patent was granted to Howe in 1846...171 years ago.
Frank

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

No score for this post
May 17 2017, 11:47 PM 

Todd ............................................................I just don't know what to say!

I noticed that your A&BC Civil War News wrapper is different than mine. Mine has a price of 2D added in the printing and an ad for a send away album on the edge.

I do have my Grandmother's treadle sewing machine that I brought back from Kansas, and Rosemary still has hers, although it's been years since it came out of the back of the closet.

- Jack J.

Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

Re: May Pickups

No score for this post
May 18 2017, 12:03 AM 

Frank, Sorry you are correct and I misread your post, but I got an F in Englesh

Jason R.
(Login a71678)

No score for this post
May 18 2017, 8:24 AM 

Holy chipboard, Todd! That's it; you win. We surrender!

Jack, glad you got some of those wrappers, especially the Mars Attacks. I'm in the same boat as Todd on those -- always a bidder, never a winner. And if those are just the duplicates... then "wow" again!

Les Davis
(Login LesWrap1)

Hey Todd

No score for this post
May 18 2017, 9:36 AM 

Those were the only two Collectors Directories I put out. I think(scratches head). You know more about Wrapper history than I do, Todd. Ha.

autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Todd........

No score for this post
May 18 2017, 10:34 AM 

Todd be like..................

[linked image]

Ken Bush
(Login KenBush)

No score for this post
May 18 2017, 6:19 PM 

My recent pickups.

2 Bond Bread ink blotters, thanks to Tom, and a Beatles Ice Cream Bar wrapper.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

2 Hershey post cards, Royal Stars of the Movies and Weight cards, 1 with photo the others have fortunes only.

Prudential Insurance post cards, R47 Fighting Planes and Yank Junior, Hero Series buttons.

French Sarah Bernhardt hold to light post card and Spec Sheet car cards.

The Sarah Bernhardt held to the light.

Lone Ranger cards, R83-1

Skybirds cards, R136-1 and R136-2

First Column Defenders R50

Guess Who, R63 and R177-1 Zoom cards.

Leaf Star Trek cards, R734-10

Card-O Airplane cards, series C and D, R112-4 and R112-5b

Davy Crockett orange backs, R712-1

Davy Crockett green backs, R712-1b

Tarzan, R714-21 and R714-22

Disney, State License Plates

New Orleans Coffee Co. cards

Clarks Tread cards and Lion Coffee cards, numbers 15 and 16 fron Sing a Song of Sixpence.

Cereal Box Backs

I don't collect many foreign cards, but I thought the Gallaher Famous Cricketers was a little different.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

My Wrapper Mag. That Post Office!!!

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 4:54 PM 

Imagine my dismay when this arrived today in the mail. I appreciate the apology, but it doesn't heal my Wrapper #306.

Hey Les, I ordered a sample copy on-line. I hope it's my needed replacement issue #306 that comes. I didn't see any place for a "message" in the order process.

Let's see ... now who is it on this board that works for the Post Office... -Jack J.

[linked image]

tony fryer
(Login thescooper)

No score for this post
May 19 2017, 7:29 PM 

Most of my Wrappers arrive to me like that as my dog Bosco has a hate on for the postman.He rips everything apart

Hey Jack
(Login LesWrap1)

Mangled copy #3,255

No score for this post
May 20 2017, 9:26 AM 

Your second copy will be in the mail this morning. That's why 60% of subscribers have envelope delivery(extra four bucks). I again apologize for the postal "service."

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

Wrapper Attack

No score for this post
May 20 2017, 11:09 AM 

Not your fault, Les. I just like to post stuff that will get the communal groan from the board. I don't really even blame the Postal Service. At least The Wrapper Magazine can be replaced. Thanks the Gods that watch over our collectibles that it wasn't the package that contained my Mars Attacks wrapper a couple of days before. What you do, and all the other folks that take an active roll in the hobby side of collecting, is immeasurable.

Looking forward to my undamaged issue #306. - Jack J.

p.s. Great issue to all contributors. I really liked your inspired article on reading the backs of the Leaf Pirates cards. -JJ

Jason R.
(Login a71678)

No score for this post
May 20 2017, 3:22 PM 

I feel a bit inadequate posting my two pickups so far this month.

photo Games and Puzzles_zpscstovsc0.jpg

photo Flippers Magic Fish 2_zps1ofazf4n.jpg
I think it's interesting that the Woody Gelman note at the top of the page identifies this as an "insert type." In my mind, that pretty much solidifies the theory that these were supposed to be inserts in the "Flipper" issue had it gone beyond the test phase.

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

TMO

No score for this post
May 20 2017, 3:40 PM 

New set for me....

[linked image]

[linked image]
Frank

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

No score for this post
May 20 2017, 3:40 PM 

A nice group of E3 Navy Caramel battleships. These sure are pretty cards. Also, a "Play Ball Grab Bag" that is very much like the L. M. Becker bags. The little score card on the back makes me think maybe it was sold or given out at a ball game. Anyone know when this might have come out and what it contained? -Jack J.

[linked image]

[linked image] [linked image]

J0hn Raff3rty
(Login swarmee)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 21 2017, 10:44 AM 

Back from trip to Norway. I couldn't find any vintage cards, so I grabbed these. The Donald Duck cards were in a comic book and the cards on the top right were cards that high school seniors tossed into the crowd at their Constitution Day parade patterned off of the Disney cards. The senior pictures were a little risque, showing them passed out drunk next to bottles of beer.
European league soccer, MTG, and toy/game stickers are popular there. So the youth are bigger collectors than the older people.

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18556936_10158722343410243_1911014598019752098_n.jpg?oh=65d7d5de0e4f27455e5ed2a132f3b453&oe=59A1E878

Site doesn't seem to like Facebook uploads, but you can click on the link and see them.

BigBlock396
(Login BigBlock396)

a few pickups

No score for this post
May 21 2017, 12:47 PM 

I am certainly not in the same league as most of you non sport collectors here on this forum.But I am trying to learn as I go and I will likely be making lots of mistakes along the way.But I was at a local flea market on Sat. and seen these and I thought I liked the looks of them so I bought them.
First up is a complete set of 1914 World Masterpieces.plus a small lot of Locomotive cards issued by Kellogg Company,and a small group of Junior Service Quiz issued by Sweetule Products LTD.Then there is a lot of The Birds Of Canada issued by General Cigar Company,Montreal.And six silkies series 7.Thanks.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 6:07 PM 

Here are six D48-4 "Magic Pictures" from the set of "Invisible" National Holidays and Sports bread cards. These look like they should be in two different sets, but were combined in distribution. Has anyone seen one of the "Art Folio" premiums advertised on some of the backs?

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Two blank backed stencil cards, one from Lion Coffee, the other from Sancuta Coffee. - Jack J.

[linked image]

Anonymous
(Login imarobot)

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 7:52 PM 

Jason, Cool piece, Magic Fish are very rare and I've only had 4 or 5 in 38 years in the business, and they all came from the same collection.

Alan R. Moon
(Login AlanRM)

Questions for Todd

No score for this post
May 23 2017, 12:02 PM 

Todd, whose collection did you buy? Was it just a random person of someone we all know? Incredible haul.

Can you tell me what the cards are in the top right on the 7th picture from the bottom, above the Uncle Sam and War News Pictures? They have yellow borders.

Thanks,
Alan

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

May Pick-ups

No score for this post
May 23 2017, 1:06 PM 

A magazine made whole. I feel a lot better now. Thanks Les. - Jack J.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index