Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

PWCC

June 13 2017 at 4:06 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login flubadub)
from IP address 68.99.55.242

PWCC Auctions has received mixed reviews on the baseball side. Just wondering if any non-sport people have had any dealings with them that they could share.

This message has been edited by flubadub from IP address 68.99.55.242 on Jun 13, 2017 9:10 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

David Lemon
(Login PSUinCT)

Re: PWCC

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 1:32 PM 

I have won many of their auction items.
I also have given them items for their auctions.

I would put them at the top of my Auction House rankings.

Dave

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login flubadub)

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 6:01 PM 

Thanks Dave, always good to hear from you. Flub

Jim VB
(Login JimVB)

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 6:48 PM 

Dave,

Are you bothered by all the reports of shill bidding, side deals with customers, allowing of bid retractions, and accusations of card doctoring?

Anonymous
(Login flubadub)

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 6:56 PM 

Not me, cause I'm thinking of doing all of the above.

Dave Lemon
(Login PSUinCT)

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 11:31 PM 

Hey Jim,
Missed you at last years National.

"Are you bothered by all the reports of shill bidding, side deals with customers, allowing of bid retractions, and accusations of card doctoring? "

Every auction house has Shill bidding, side deals, bid retractions, etc.... (don't kid yourself if you think otherwise)

The fact that it's ran on eBay provides bidding info that you can track unlike auctions houses where everything done blind to the public.

I also prefer bidding on cards where there is a set end time.

I would say what I like about them the most is the fact that they just deal in graded cards.

This message has been edited by PSUinCT from IP address 75.69.201.176 on Jun 14, 2017 11:33 PM

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

PWCC

No score for this post
June 14 2017, 11:35 PM 

Dave, I'd be careful with PWCC. As Jim says, they allow a lot of bid retractions and, if you check, sometimes their bidding patterns are suspicious.
Frank

Jim VB
(Login JimVB)

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 8:20 AM 

Dave,

I was in AC last year! Didn't we run into each other at Marty Krim's place?

I'm not new at this. I'm aware that fraudlent activity can take place at any auction house. None of them can police it completely, but the best ones at least try. Others put their head in the sand and pretend it's not there. The third group seem to be active participants. Those are the guys I try to avoid.

I have a short list of guys I never deal with. Some of it is hobby fraud. (Mastro/Legendary before they all went to jail.) Some is fraud/conduct outside the hobby. (Memory Lane, Andy Madec) Sometimes it can be one single incident. (SCP cheated a good friend on a $10,000+ item he won.)

There are a couple others that have some policies I don't like. I will do business with these guys but I'm always cautious. (I don't like the fact that Heritage reserves the right to bid in their own auctions. It's not illegal because they disclose it, but it smells.)

There are very few that I trust almost completely. (Love of the Game, Sterling, and REA come to mind, but there are a couple more.)

That last fiasco with PWCC moved them down a notch with me. The entire email exchange with Cortney (Courtney ?) showed me that not only are they aware stuff is going on in their auctions, but that they are involved in this bad stuff. That, combined with the related story on the WWG DiMaggio was eye opening.

I don't "need" any cards so much that I'd be willing to knowingly fund the guys cheating the hobby. The only way it will ever stop is if people stop bidding with, AND STOP CONSIGNING TO, the guys we know are working the system.

Will that clean everything up? Of course not. But I'll sleep better.

See you in Chicago.

Dave Lemon
(Login PSUinCT)

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 12:14 PM 

Jim and Frank,

The fact Frank makes

"I'd be careful with PWCC. As Jim says, they allow a lot of bid retractions and, if you check, sometimes their bidding patterns are suspicious."

about shill bidding and bid retractions in PWCC (eBay) auctions backs my argument of why the fact that it is on eBay allows some transparency for the public to see who's bidding on
any and all of the lots.

Case in point in a recent PWCC auction (Sept 2016) I placed a high bid of 2k+ on a card and watch one individual (eBay id: dpalkon1 (2164), l***l(2164) name: Dennis Palkon)

place multiple bids to try and find my max bid amount. Once he passed me he retracted his last bid so that I became the top bidder again. I reported this to both Pwcc and Ebay.

It was Ebay that lower my bid to the amount that was in place when dpalkon1 first started running me up. Ebay told me that they would address this issue with dpalkon1.

As someone who has actually participated in just about every major Auction houses Auctions and has 1st hand knowledge in just about any and every Auction scam my best advice to
the collecting public is only bid what you feel the card is worth.

And the day someone starts an auction where they address and resolve all the problems, Issues and scams I will become their biggest supporter.

: )

This message has been edited by PSUinCT from IP address 75.69.201.176 on Jun 15, 2017 10:19 PM

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

PWCC

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 7:07 PM 

Point taken, Dave, but it was EBAY who fixed it not PWCC. Brent should have stepped in and banned Palkon from future bidding...but he didn't.
Frank

This message has been edited by eagle147 from IP address 68.195.42.74 on Jun 15, 2017 7:07 PM

Dave Lemon
(Login PSUinCT)

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 10:24 PM 

Frank,

True........

Pwcc did say they were going to reach out to Palkon and discuss the issue but I never followed back up with them.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index