Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

NEED RING DING BUBBLE GUM INFORMATION

June 15 2017 at 11:18 AM
No score for this post
JOE!!  (Login sparky929)

Need some information on this RING DING ITEM which I think is from 30's or 40's. Tried some sites but came up with nothing. I will be selling later but need as much info as I can get since I feel it's a scarce item and just plain curious. Need year and if company put more gum items out at the time and real important is value.
Wrapper yellow, red lettering, blue compass ring, and small ad says Ring Ding L.M. Becker and Co. Ends are still twisted and over all in pretty darn good condition. I have never opened. Size tip to tip is 7"
Thanks for any help.
Joe
spark929@yahoo.com

[linked image]
spark929

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jason R.
(Login a71678)

Re: NEED RING DING BUBBLE GUM INFORMATION

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 1:31 PM 

Todd Riley is our resident L.M. Becker expert, so he may be able to tell you more than I can, but as far as value, I bought a partially unopened back (unopened on one end with about 2/3 of the gum still intact) with the header card and compass ring still in place a year or two ago for $35. I don't think they're common at all, but I also don't think demand is that high.

Edited to add: Ring Ding came out in 1948, so I wouldn't try to sample the gum if I were you; it's nearly 70 years old!

This message has been edited by a71678 on Jun 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 6:14 PM 

Could this be related in any way to Ringer Dingers, Benjamin Guide #4. They don't have much information about the set either. And what are the Barker updates?

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 6:42 PM 

Joe,
That is from the L.M.Becker company. They did quite a few bizarre sets over the years. Very odd way to distribute a card - rolled around a piece of gum.

SC,
No, Ringer Dingers is a Fleer issue from the 1970's.

[linked image]

Jason R.
(Login a71678)

No score for this post
June 16 2017, 8:14 AM 

The "Ring Ding" card around mine was blank on the "front." So I think maybe the actual cards were placed flat in the box with a one-with-purchase stipulation or else handed over the counter. Or maybe mine was a misprint. I guess the cardboard with the "Ring Ding" back around the gum was just a stiffener to keep the ring in place? Either way, yes, an odd way to distribute... well, anything.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index