Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

July 9 2017 at 6:53 PM

Five, the intrepid  (Login oldbubblegum)
temporary moderators

If you are in agreement to fund PhotoBucket for year by giving 1 time $20.00

Join up below. Are there at least 20 NonSportsMen ?

I'm in, $20.00

Respond to this message   
Dan C
(Login D.Calandriello)

20 from me

July 9 2017, 6:57 PM 

and if more is needed, count on me.

This message has been edited by D.Calandriello on Jul 10, 2017 8:17 AM

Joe Marciano
(Login bvb5366)

$20 Pledge

July 9 2017, 7:10 PM 

Going back to the original slime-bucket thread, I see that Dan C is the man with the account and would have to be the one to pay the ransom. At that time he was not worried about a big hike in fees but maybe times have changed. So- Dan C.- are you going to have to pay the ransom to the cyber terrorists? If so, I will kick in my share, whatever that needs to be, by whatever is the best means of doing so. Please let us know what we need do and how you want us to do it.

rick mcquillan
(Login buymycards)

count me in

July 9 2017, 7:16 PM 

I'm in for $20. Let me know when and where to send it.

Dan C
(Login D.Calandriello)

my guess

July 9 2017, 7:20 PM 

is that my account will NOT be held ransom,
as there is no "third party" sites used.

This thread should continue and be a separate PB account,
so that collectors can use it for EBAY/ETC purposes/images.

My feeling is that today, PB is DOWN (no logins)
because they are making life more difficult.
I won't express my thoughts, as I am often wrong.

tony Fryer
(Login thescooper)

July 9 2017, 8:33 PM 

Count on my $20 too

Jason R.
(Login a71678)

July 9 2017, 9:35 PM 

If need be, I'm in for $20, as well.

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)

Im in.....

July 10 2017, 6:22 AM 

for $100

Les Davis
(Login LesWrap1)

July 10 2017, 10:06 AM 

In for a penny; in for a pound...I will snail mail Dan my twenty when I get the signal.

Dan C
(Login D.Calandriello)

July 10 2017, 10:15 AM 

no, no funds go to me....sorry....

Todd Riley

July 10 2017, 12:04 PM 

I'd contribute, but what exactly is this for? Is this to continue using PB? (not what I do) Or just to get access to the existing images because of their extortion?

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

$20 Pledge

July 10 2017, 12:26 PM 

I'm certainly in, whichever way those smarter than me decide to go. - Jack J.

Dave H0rnish
(Login dsh46)

July 10 2017, 12:44 PM 

I'm in for $20, just await details. I can't even log in to my account to pay the fee even if I wanted to (which I don't!).

Todd Riley

July 10 2017, 1:24 PM 

I don't think I understand all this. Do all you PB users still have access to your files on PB? Can you grab them off there and download them onto your own computers and then copy them somewhere else? If not then doesn't that mean you would need $400 for everyone to get their images freed back up? If that is true that is pure extortion and I would think a class action law suite might be in order.

(Login luckylarry777)

July 10 2017, 2:10 PM 

Your photos are not "gone". When you view your "Albums" or "Your Bucket" on the PhotoBucket site, notice on the lower right part of the screen under ACTIONS. One of the ACTIONS is "Download Album". Monday I was able to recover over 4,000 images I had stored there, and then uploaded them to "the cloud". You are warned that you only get one download.

Todd Riley

July 10 2017, 2:21 PM 

If that's true then we don't need to raise any funds. The answer is to grab all your images from PB and don't use them any more.

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

$20 Pledge

July 10 2017, 2:28 PM 

I assume the $20 pledge is to somehow use photobucket on the Net54 Non-Sports site to transition away from the current lousy state of affairs. I don't know how many ways current PB antics are affecting the site, other than the border on the main page. What I do know is that all my posts that contained photos from PB are now without photos. I used PB as a way to link photos to the web site, not for permanent storage of my photos. I retain the original scans on my computer. But to move all these photos to another host site and then update all links to the chat board threads from the last seven years would be an impossibility. I don't think there is anything that we can do globally to resolve this issue.

It appears that I do have access to my photos on PB in the way described in the previous post. I have not downloaded them as I'm not sure where they will reside or how much memory they will utilize.

I use the Net54 search function to find old threads that contain information and images that I am interested in. I do this a lot! In the future, if anyone would like an image from one of my threads that no longer displays, I will try to furnish those images. I hope others will do the same. - Jack J.

Allen McHenry
(Login allenmc) Davy Crockett...count me in

July 10 2017, 2:37 PM 

...Texans always like a good fight...I'll pledge $20...or whatever it takes....allen

(Login jbnonsport)

July 10 2017, 4:40 PM 

I would certainly help as well anyway I can, if it is for the good of the site. I am probably one of the most computer illiterate people here (next to Marty) and I don't understand why all my photos are still up that I posted solely from PB and yet soo many else's are gone. Also I am still able to upload from my free PB account although I am at about 96% capacity. Maybe they just haven't caught up to me yet, I do just copy and paste from my library.
(Premier Login autograf)

July 11 2017, 9:14 AM 

(next to Marty).....funny stuff....

My free PB account is the one that's NOT working now and zilched all my photos to the one that was on the front page. It all just seems like some random money grab. Really ridiculous.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>