Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
SAM MAJORS
(Login insulator234)

Customer at National?

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 12:33 PM 

At the National there was a Net.54 member who came to my booth and needed one War News Pictures card to finish his set. He was also looking at Allies in Action and Government Agents and Public Enemies. I wasn't set up for Pay-pal so he went after some cash. Don't know if he couldn't find me again or found his cards elsewhere. I think I have the War News Picture he needed.
I had a few people come to my booth and sell me some 30's-40's non sports cards. Sales were down by $2,000 - $2500 for me from the last National in Chicago. I thought my prices were fair but guess I was wrong!
Sam Majors smajors234@yahoo.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Jason R.
(Login a71678)

Re: Report from the national?

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 1:42 PM 

I'm enjoying these reports from the National.

Dave, now I'm curious about the 28 percent you don't have. Where can we find the want list?

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 7:00 PM 

Sam,

That was me at the National. After making it through the floor once and then killing nearly two hours at the PSA line I just didn't have time to get back around. I just sent you an email. If you have that WNP #47 I still want it!

Thanks,

Daniel

Dave H0rnish
(Login dsh46)

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 7:14 PM 

My wantlist is going to circulate to a few guys reasonably soon (including Jason), not sure I'll post it publicly though. It's really a mix of stuff, some very easy 70's cards where eBay is pointless, some tough ones such as two of the Bazooka trays from 48/49 and test issues here and there, some are just impossible almost like Pop Guns. I got a lot of singles from Bob Marcy in Chicago and am in the process of updating. Baseball, Football and Basketball each have one holy grail card (68 3-D Easel insert, 71 CFL Bazooka, 68 Basketball Booklet insert respectively) and Hockey has some tough cards/posters, especially OPC's. I am doing the sports OPC's and the Baseball Venezuelans (ugh, 1960 Ven. Baseball Tatoo is also crazy impossible) but for non-sports it's US only right now. Non sports will be harder to finish than any of the sports. The rule of thumb is that it was retailed at some point.

Todd Riley
(Login non-sport.com)

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 7:27 PM 

Dave,
I have lots of 70's singles with some oddball stuff. If you send me a list I'll just send you what I can find if I have any. I would also like to see your formal non-sport list when it is available.

Email: tntriley@columbus.rr.com

Larry
(Login luckylarry777)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 4 2017, 8:09 PM 

So I want to try out this new image hosting site Imgur. Here is a 50c pickup (hows that John LOL) from Chicago. 1964 Beatles B&W #136 pictures Ringo Starr with a meatloaf recipe on the reverse:)
[img][linked image][/img]
[img][linked image][/img]

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
August 5 2017, 2:02 PM 

Larry,

That's pretty sweet (or should I say savory). Wonder why they used a card to write down that recipe?

Anonymous
(Login flubadub)

No score for this post
August 5 2017, 7:07 PM 

I think that was Ring's favorite saying before he got married, "Don't let your meat loaf"

Dave H0rnish
(Login dsh46)

No score for this post
August 7 2017, 6:01 PM 

Todd-will do on my wants, it will probably be a few days, I'm still updating from Chicago. I'll send the full list as well-you should have fun deciphering it!

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 4:42 PM 

Sounds as if was a good show even if pickings were slim.
Thanks for all of the details and pics guys!

Larry: you have the rare #136 ringo / meatloaf variant. Priceless!

CR

Showin the love since 1960 "

Anonymous
(Login Steve_NY)

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 10:38 PM 

National attendees:

My apologies for setting up differently this year. This year, I set up mostly oddities in sports and non sports and not my normal display of better non sports singles. It didn't affect my sales but I was really annoyed for 2 days until I got some of my singles out by the third day.

I have already moved all of my stock to storage but before I did that, I alphabetized all items so I can help everyone who asks for any item, not just those I can find. Next year, I will be able to find anything I have at the show.

I've also filled in and created another 9th book dedicated to just "wrappers", with 20% of them dedicated to sports related wrappers.

Forgive me for doing something different but next year I will return to my normal display.

How was this show -- I have done all but 4 of the Nationals. This one probably ranks for me as somewhere out of the top 10 nationals but close behind. So not my best, but still not bad.

My plans are to bring with me next year many sports sets that I have been accumulating over the years -- many big money items from the 1950s to the 1970s in all sports.

Now I plan on passing the Philly non sports show (I let Roxanne know today)as it is tough to set up break down and maintain security throughout. It's another job -- and I like retirement.

Best regards to all --

Steve Sabow

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index