Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Another rabbit hole I am about to enter: Exhibit Cards

August 3 2017 at 8:53 AM
Larry  (Login luckylarry777)

Aircraft Actors Cowboys Whatever.....

Is there a checklist out there ANYWHERE?

Larry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Pete D'Luhosch
(Login dluhop)

Re: Another rabbit hole I am about to enter: Exhibit Cards

August 3 2017, 9:51 AM 

Look on SKYTAMER for "Jet Planes" and "New Jet Planes". I have lots of dups if you're interested.

"Jet Planes" are "Made In U.S.A." -http://www.skytamer.com/W452-1.html (64 cards)

"New Jet Planes" are "Printed In U.S.A." -http://www.skytamer.com/W452-2.html (64 cards)

JOE!!
(Login sparky929)

HAVE SOME WESTERN FEW OTHERS!

August 3 2017, 10:18 AM 

Hi Larry,
I have some that I would be willing to sell. We called them arcade cards in the old days. The arcades were my favorite place to visit. Contact me for a list I can make up for you. Send your e-mail.
Joe

Anonymous
(Login sthoemke)

August 3 2017, 12:10 PM 

I have all the Wrestling Exhibit cards checklisted. (you'd have to search for them within the various decades lists)

http://x-titles.com/wc

boxingcardman
(Login boxingcardman)

August 3 2017, 6:58 PM 

I've consigned my collection of them to Sterling Auctions. Look for them in the upcoming months, including the auction closing tonight.

Larry
(Login luckylarry777)

August 10 2017, 4:22 PM 

Pete I have my wantlist together for the Series 1 and Series 2 Jetplanes.

1955 Planes Series 1 “Printed in U.S.A. 001 004 005 008 009 010 012 013 0140 017 025 029 044 049 051 057 058 062 064

1955 Planes Series 2 “Made in U.S.A” 001 006 009 020 024 025 037 039 051 052 054 055 060

Please contact me at larrytipton@windstream.net

Larry
(Login luckylarry777)

August 11 2017, 3:41 PM 

I'm "Exhibiting" a bit of a headache right now........

GMeZZQjh.jpg

BigBlock396
(Login BigBlock396)

Exhibits

August 11 2017, 8:45 PM 

I have about 60 Boxing exhibits in total with some doubles.SO likely about 40 different ones.I would love to trade some of these for a some cards on my current vintage want list that I have posted.PLMK if that may be something that you would be interested in.I really do not know much about these things but I have been told that there is a difference between the ones released in Canada and the ones that were released in the USA.I am sure that there are plenty of experts out there that can set me straight.Thanks.

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

Exhibits

August 12 2017, 1:13 PM 

I love them too and have many Non-Sports Exhibits, but PSA will not grade non-Baseball Exhibits and that kind of holds me back from really jumping in.

JOE!!
(Login sparky929)

ARCADE POSTCARDS

August 16 2017, 10:49 AM 

Larry,
Are you interested in arcade postcards that came from the vending machines back in the 30's?
Along with my regular cards I've been meaning to list, I found some Tom Mix that are post cards. I think they might be scenes from his movies.
Contact me by e-mail: spark929@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Joe

Anonymous
(Login luckylarry777)

August 22 2017, 7:49 PM 

I appreciate all the posts and tips. The exhibit baseball players, boxers, wrestlers are fun because they have checklists. The actors and most of the cowboy sets appear to be a disaster to collect, as no real checklists seem to exist. 11MM 13MM 15MM "Made in U.S.A." headache!

I do like these Native American exhibit cards, and have fourteen different. How many are in this set, and do they have a specific name? Does anyone have a checklist or know how many there are in the set?

"1950s-1960s Native American Chiefs"?

[img][linked image][/img]

boxingcardman
(Login boxingcardman)

August 23 2017, 1:43 PM 

That's about right. The cards were postwar. Some of them are from earlier movie sets, so I wouldn't trust the IDs of the subjects--they may be movie characters or made up.

Edmond morin
(Login edmorin)

August 23 2017, 9:30 PM 

There are 32 cards in this set

Anonymous
(Login sthoemke)

August 23 2017, 11:14 PM 

Interesting article by Adam Warshaw. A rough estimate from the article states there could be over 14,000 different Exhibit cards produced.

http://imageevent.com/exhibitman/interestingexhibitcards

terry mitchell
(Login terrymit)

exhibit sources

August 30 2017, 8:22 PM 

there are 3 sources that might help

1 is a web site http://imageevent.com/exhibitman/interestingexhibitcards not sure it is still working but comes up when I hit the link

2 is a Collectors Guide to Cowboy Hero Arcade Cards published by Joy Cherokee Kid Gibson in 1998-99

3 For a few years back in the 90s there was a magazine entitled the Penny Arcade. there were about 30 issues and they had checklists for many sets. Issues 4 5 15 21 and 23 had cowboy info. 1 12 17 had actor/actress info.

boxingcardman
(Login boxingcardman)

September 5 2017, 8:18 PM 

That image event site is mine.

Frank Flood
(Login FrankFlood)

The first Exhibit cards

September 8 2017, 1:57 PM 

It was always my understanding Exhibit Supply's first cards were issued in the early 1920s, although the company itself had been in business for several years supplying machines for arcades. I came across the following in the Moving Picture World for May 10, 1919, on page 914:

"Certainly It Pays to Advertise.
Ask the Exhibit Supply Company, Chicago, and they'll tell you that an advertisement in Moving Picture World, offering
something that will make picture showmen money, registers quickly and surely. This company produces a slot machine,
built to stand or be hung on the wall in a theatre lobby, that delivers photographs of screen queens.

Among the results of the first advertisement placed in Moving Picture World by the Exhibit Supply Company were sales to
Apollo Theatre, New Tork, where the entire supply of pictures was sold in one day; Blue Mouse Theatre, Fort Worth,
sold out in three days, and Avon Theatre, Utica, N. T., sold out in one day; a few scattered instances of results."

So, were these "photographs of screen queens" among the first Exhibit cards as we know them? If so, the start date will have to be revised to at least 1919.

Bill
(Login wdmullins)

September 8 2017, 6:09 PM 

Here
http://archive.org/stream/movwor39chal#page/1705/mode/1up/search/exhibit
is an ad from March 1919 with a picture of the machine. It also shows the cards being sold.

Alan Miley
(Login alanmiley)

Evans, not Exhibit

September 9 2017, 1:41 PM 

The movie stars on the left machine and the Mack Sennett girls on the right are both Evans issues, not Exhibit Supply Co. From the ad,it appears that Exhibit had some kind of deal with Evans, but the copyright is not Exhibit's.

Anonymous
(Login sthoemke)

September 10 2017, 10:53 AM 

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>