Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

upper deck hair cuts

August 8 2017 at 9:15 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login scaryclown)
from IP address 68.226.70.13

Ok, I hate to repeat myself but nobody on this forum has an opinion as to whether these are real or not. You all are going to let this shit infiltrate the NS hobby without a word. What a bunch of wimps. And who exactly is University archives? And I'll state again, PSA is grading this crap, they have DNA experts going back to Washington? Well how about Cleopatra, Cesar, JESUS? I'll ask you again Frank, your a doctor and you should have some opinion. I think it's a total scam. Anyone with John Wayne Gacey's hair, I'm a buyer.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

Re: upper deck hair cuts

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 9:20 PM 

I don't care for this stuff but I deal with that by not buying it. That's all the brain power it deserves from me.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 10:20 PM 

Well Daniel I guess that's an ok answer but it's like operation (Bullpen) autograph forgers, if you ignore it, does it go away?, or just ruin more of that aspect of the hobby making more of your stuff more worthless? I see no actual proof that any of these "Hair Cuts" are real. Way more devious scams have been committed. Any one with Son Of Sam's hair, I'm a buyer.

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Collecting hair......

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 10:32 PM 

Collecting hair is definitely a "thing" and John Reznikoff (University Archives) is one of, if not the, guy for it. Not sure how you can ultimately verify something like that without some ironclad provenance. I know jars of Elvis' hair have traded hands in a precious Mastronet auction back in the day and Resnikoff has always been allied with PSA in some capacity I think. Not a hobby for me, but to each their own.

Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 10:43 PM 

Did'nt Mastro leave the building with Elvis? Any one with Jeffrey Damers hair, I'm a buyer. And I'll tape it in his High School year book which I own. Thank you, thank you very much.

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 10:46 PM 

I don't collect autographs either so I don't care about that aspect of the hobby either. Since I am not investing in cards, merely collecting them the value is somewhat irrelevant to me. I essentially have ever card that I have ever gotten in my life. I almost never sell or trade anything. Really what's happening with new stuff isn't anything that I ever pay attention to.

Frank Evanov
(Login eagle147)

Hair

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 11:12 PM 

Scary, I'm part of the crowd that ignores this stuff, hoping it will go away. Scientifically, I can't see any way to validate these follicles. Some of them come with "provenance": letters from hair collectors from the old days. They tell their tale of how they got hair samples from famous people and that makes them genuine. But that's hearsay, not scientific. So I don't believe they are real, I would never spend a dime on one and yes, I am surprised that PSA would put their brand on them.
Frank

Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 11:14 PM 

I think your missing the point Daniel. If you have a great lake where you like to catch Perch and someone introduces Asian Flying Carp what do you think the end result will be. You'll catch Asian Flying Carp and you won't need a rod. And don't tell me, but I don't fish so I don't care. Anyone with Ted Bundy's hair, I'm a buyer.

This message has been edited by scaryclown from IP address 68.226.70.13 on Aug 8, 2017 11:29 PM

Anonymous
(Login scaryclown)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 11:20 PM 

Thanks Frank for your honest answer, and I kind of knew what it would be. I totally accept your diagnoses. Anyone with the Zodiac Killers hair, I'm a buyer.

Daniel H
(Login PancakeBunny)

No score for this post
August 8 2017, 11:28 PM 

I must be missing your point mine is that nothing happening with new stuff has any bearing on my collection, at all. You seem hung up on value. I don't care about that. It's a collection, not an investment.

Jon Hardgrove
(Login carbking)

Old hair

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 8:14 AM 

Old hair is certainly useful. wink.gif

For those that live outside of large urban areas, and garden; sprinkling "pre-owned" (modern nomenclature) hair from the local barber shop around the garden will discourage both rabbits and deer.

I think I still have a couple of bags left from this season. I didn't realize the hair actually had other value wink.gif

Lots of new non-sport trends and trends in other hobbies that do not interest me personally. Kind of like the weather. I am in no position to change it, so don't worry about it.

I guess if someone is a "hair" collector, this might be an issue; but as far as I am aware, I have never met a "hair" collector.

As far as PSA grading these are concerned, after the few interactions I have had with PSA; NOTHING PSA would do would surprise me.

Jon.

Autograp@gmail.com
(Premier Login autograf)
Owner

Scaryclown

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 3:35 PM 

Email me at autograp@gmail.com

Local FUBUD #1
(Login oldbubblegum)

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 3:44 PM 

scaryclown,imarobt:

FUCK OFF! yeah, how bout that?

I mean, since our gentlemen's agreement has been if you are calling people out or accusing a member...you should have your name attached has gone bye bye...well, then FUCK YOU!

I have asked nicely of th4e folks here prior and directly posted to you guys.

Is this the new internet "its all about me " phenom? jeez.

Almost everyone here knows me , my alias, my selling platforms and my home base...I don't know jack about you and take offense of you name calling and lobbing verbal bombs.

Since coarse language is ok..

I say again... FUCK YOU and your serial killer collecting desires.

I'm old and don't feel good...Fuck you!

Yeah, that's about it.

"tellin it like it is since 1960"

Jack J.
(Login fallbrookjack)

Changing the Subject

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 4:00 PM 

Charlie ... it's me ... you know me ... you know Jack. I'm the guy that turned down the Cops and Robbers cards. You must remember! (quote from favorite musical, Man of La Mancha} - Jack J.

Oh, by the way, this is a stupid thread. of course, I don't collect new stuff. -JJ

Charley Ramone
(Login oldbubblegum)

No score for this post
August 9 2017, 4:48 PM 

Pretty funny JJ! ya got me.

I DO know Jack! My memory is failing. (grin)

What about WENDI CT?

(CR puts bug in your ear)

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index