Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball FAQs Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

"Galactica" Packs with "Star Wars" Stickers ?

October 5 2017 at 10:13 PM
No score for this post
Robert T Mruczek  (Login RMruczek)
from IP address 108.46.51.125

Hi:

Hoping someone might know the reason behind this. I just purchased as a lot off Ebay ten (10) "Battlestar Galactica" (Topps 1978) unopened packs and every single one of them contained a "Star Wars" (Topps 1978) series V sticker !!

Was this not uncommon back-in-the-day ? I've opened packs where there were no stickers, or even 2 stickers, but never stickers from a different set before.

Opinions ? Thanks !!

Robert

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Smpep
(Login smpep)

Re: "Galactica" Packs with "Star Wars" Stickers ?

No score for this post
October 6 2017, 10:22 AM 

Are you sure the packs were unopened?

There are strange things that happen every so often. In baseball there are cards with 1979 fronts and 1978 backs (not sure if these were sold in packs or cut from a scrap sheet).

I also recall there were some 1978 Baseball (?) cards with Mork & Minday stickers on back.

So strange stuff can happen.

But personally I'd still go with re-sealed pack as the most likely explanation.

Cheers.
Patrick

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Robert T Mruczek
(Login RMruczek)

No score for this post
October 6 2017, 7:59 PM 

They seemed to be unopened to me...nothing at all unusual other than the difference in accompanying sticker. The card content per pack was consistent and the gum was all in the same exact place per pack, stuck to the last card with accompanying residue, and the face card was in the same spot/direction per pack.

John Rafferty
(Login swarmee)

No score for this post
October 6 2017, 9:01 PM 

Possible screw-up at the factory, presuming both sets were being manufactured at the same time at the same place. Possibly the printers weren't sci-fi buffs. Remember the Inverted Jenny was only inverted because people at the stamp office didn't know which end of the plane was up... wink.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index