My most recent effort ... a trophy constructed for a local wargames tournament.
This is my first build in this scale, and my first work with any sort of resin and PE after-market stuff in any scale. I learnt a lot building this!
Started with the Tamiya Firefly IC kit, but there's wasn't much of that kit that actually ended up on the model. The hull is an M4A4 resin replacement from Fighting 48th!, as are the duckbill tracks -- both very highly recommended, easy to work with and great quality. The replacement hull also includes a whole bunch of resin bits and pieces (not all of which were used here) and a nice photo-etch sheet. The suspension (except for P-E track skids) and sprockets are from the Tamiya kit, but the road wheels and return rollers are resin replacements from Adelbertus (also recommended). The barrel is aluminium, from Armorscale (and is quite nice, although I think they could have put a little more effort into making it more compatible with the Tamiya mounting inside the turret). A very small amount of P-E detailing and some of the tools came from the Hauler "Sherman multipack" set. Most of the tool clasps are NOT P-E, I just found those tiny things impossible to work with -- so I made them out of little slips of paper instead.
The kit was primed with Tamiya gray spray primer, then a couple of thin undercoats of Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab, then a couple of overcoats of Lifecolor UA220 Olive Drab (which is a lighter shade than the Tamiya colour). Final OD highlights were the Lifecolor mixed with white. The underside of the gun barrel is white. The tracks were undercoated with Humbrol acrylic matt black, then painted with Gunze Rust, dirtied with gunmetal and shaded with a grey carbon artist's pencil. Sealed with a coat of Future, decals (from Bison) applied, given a heavy wash of watered-down black ink, and finally given a spray coat of Gunze matt varnish. (By the way, it was all painted by brush -- I don't own an airbrush, and couldn't use one in my current living arrangements if I did.)
I deliberately built the kit relatively "clean" (i.e., free of stowage etc.) because it was intended as a display piece, not for a diorama (I don't do dioramas, but if I'd been building it for myself I'd probably have added some stowage). Most of the model went together well, but the tracks gave me nightmares. This is not the fault of the link-and-length resin, which as noted above really is very nice, but my clumsiness and inexperience, I think. The dry-run was perfect, it all went sour when I started putting glue on them. The worst of it doesn't show up much in the photos, but it annoys the heck out of me nevertheless. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with the end result.