Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Allied Power Gaslo.Line RAM Build Complete

May 13 2009 at 1:25 PM
Frank Keast  (Login Frankkeast)
Missing-Lynx members

Hello everyone, here are some pictures of my RAM Badger ready for painting. I've been away for a month but now I am back it will receive my full attention! Thanks to Olivier at Quarter Kit for donating the resin kit.

In an effort to improve my modelling skills I have done some scratch building to reflect details I have seen on photographs. On the upper surface I have placed a hand rail that many RAMs had added in service to help infantry mount. This flametank would have been a troop transporter in its former role. I have also added two small mounts which I believe were used for towing. You can see them at the back. On the rear I have used styrene card to represent strengthening that many RAMs had installed in advance of Operation Overlord to hold wading equipment. This would have been added in the field like the handrail so I did not have to be too precise to get a realistic match! I used the base kit's headlight guards to mock up something simliar to the real thing. I have tried to give the front end a beat up look, partly to hide my scratch building errors! For a bit of character I have jammed a pickaxe into the front right guard where some lazy crweman has left it after a job.

let me know what you think but if you recommend any changes be quick because it's getting painted on Saturday!

I've really enjoyed the other GB posts guys and I'm taking it all in!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hi Frank, - Rick Lawler on May 13, 2009, 4:02 PM
  3. Little by little... - Luciano Rodriguez on May 14, 2009, 8:29 AM
  5. congrats for your choice... - Murat Özgül on May 14, 2009, 10:19 AM
  7. Where did I put that Yuri Gellar Metal bending book? - Frank Keast on May 14, 2009, 2:07 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse