Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

No apologies for your best model so far....

August 9 2009 at 9:35 PM

(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Response to Allied Power.........Super-Late, but finally done!

Pat,

Sorry for the wait. happy.gif

The Chaffee ended up being a beautie in your hands and the result really is worth the wait. No doubt this is your best model to me so far and I love it.

My only sorrows are the following:

1> I feel the tracks are the weak point of this kit and they do not look at same quallity level to me. I know that has nothing to do with you but they give me a poor impression on the finished model. Also I agree with the guys over the CC forum and turrent front looks wrong somehow too, although probably that point could be hard to detect on the unpainted kit to say truth.

2> Weathering looks a bit unbalanced because upper half looks heavier weathered than lower half, but that can be because of the pics too.

3> I really appreciate a lot your improvements in the painting of this model compared with former works but I think you are still abusing of some effects on your finishings. In my humble opinion all those dark edges on plastes are same artistic than unrealiistic and I personally believe the model would have looked better without them. Same as for the metallic (pencil) finish overall the tank.

4> The figure looks very good and I love the modulated helmet particularly, but I also think you should have workled a bit more and changed hands position to fit well on the hatch. That simply detail would have made your fig looks stunning to me.

Okay, as always I am saying this with my best intention so I just hope you will get the right meaning of my words.

Excellent model anyway, amigo. wink.gif
Lu

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse