Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

The Pacific GB anyone?

August 26 2009 at 6:19 AM

Luciano Rodriguez  (Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Gents,

On early July Peter Rathgeb wondered in the forum why not to make a PTO GB here. Although some other people asked me for the PTO thing in the past months too, the fact is Peter had very few replies then. To be honest with you I think the PTO thing does not seem to be a really popular theme BUT I also must add I do not mind that so much and it is not mandatory to have a high participation on every GB we make meanwhile (1) people can have a chance to make what they really want and like, and (2) we can have a bunch of active modellers here.

Said that, I see no reason to not have a second GB running in parallel to the HanoMania if that is the case. I just need to know what you guys want to make. I think the PTO theme is quite restrictive in terms of availalbe kits but fascinating too.

The Pacific GB can be dedicated to one only subject (read PTO Sherman GB ) or for a wider choice (any vehicle used in the Pacific campaings) and in my honest opinion I believe The PTO theme can be a very good source of quite original subjects hard to see in 1/48th scale and surely that can be its main goal. Frankly I would be very happy to have a PTO GB running here. Why not?

My only concerns are two:

1> Is there anybody out there interested in The Paficic GB?. I think one dozen modellers are enough to start the fun. wink.gif

2> If so, then please let us know your choice of subject. (dedicated to PTO Shermans or any PTO vehicle)

Aside that, The Pacific GB would share timeline with the HanoMania that means form September 1st to December 31st.

What do you guys think... The Pacific GB anyone? wink.gif
Lu

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Why not?, I'm in too.... - Domingo Hernández on Aug 26, 2009, 6:25 AM
  3. I'm in... as you know, Lu. :-) - Peter Rathgeb on Aug 26, 2009, 6:35 AM
  5. Hallo, - Michael Vlasak on Aug 26, 2009, 9:24 AM
  7. I'm in but my Kurogane will be paired with a zero! n/t - Jeff Brown on Aug 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
  9. A No-Brainer! - Pat Johnston on Aug 26, 2009, 12:35 PM
  11. yes, yessss i'm in! - Murat Özgül on Aug 26, 2009, 2:09 PM
  13. I have a build for Pacific Theater GB - Jim Spellmire on Aug 26, 2009, 6:05 PM
    1. What if/hypothetical builds? - Chad Lebo on Aug 26, 2009, 10:00 PM

14. Possible if I can squeeze this in - Michael Rinaldi on Aug 27, 2009, 1:00 AM
  16. Of Course - Calvin Goh on Aug 27, 2009, 1:18 AM
    1. Burma Subject - Calvin Goh on Aug 27, 2009, 3:30 AM

17. No fear... - José A. Soroa (Yiyo) on Aug 27, 2009, 4:09 AM
  19. We´ve got it! - Luciano Rodriguez on Aug 27, 2009, 5:55 AM
    1. Well,me too. - Tomas Castano on Aug 27, 2009, 7:03 AM

20. count on me - Xavier Ruiz on Aug 30, 2009, 2:32 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse