I've been slowly working on my tank destroyer for the group build. This will be my first time joining one here. It's been a while since I've worked on any armor and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.
I'm using the Tamiya kit pretty much box stock. I do have a PE set for it that I may add bits from here and there.
So far I've got most of the assembly done, and I decided to try Mike Rinaldi's trick he used on his Panther to do the sides wit the tracks and road wheels all as complete units. It was only right after all the glue dried he told me not to try it! LOL But it worked out OK. I used a Vallejo track brown for the base colors, then the road wheels were sprayed a lightened mix of Tamiya Dk. Yellow, followed by the camo. I cleaned up all the over spray by painting the insides of the tracks with a dark rusty mix of 502 oils. The road wheels were given a dark wash of AK's excellent "dark wash" and the tracks were covered with Mig pigments.
I need to get back to the rest of assembly, but at least I'm moving forward!
Thanks for looking,