Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Tamiya GB --> JS-2 Vol.1

May 1 2012 at 5:02 AM

Luciano Rodriguez  (Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Gents,

I have a few more shelf queens I might be able to complete if life permits wink.gif because Pat is very correct and we have time until late august to finish a couple of Tamiya kits perhaps.

After seeing Murat's and Pat's builds, I cannot hold myself to join our little Stalin-Mania here I suspect happy.gif others might follow soon because the new Tamiya JS-2 can be a popular subject. Well, on one hand, Murat worked hard to decrease (!!!) kit parts drastically by removing fenders, on the other hand, Pat worked hard to increase (!!!) kit parts dramatically with all those tiny details he added but me... just worked minimun to customice my model. No doubt I am laziest JS-2 modeller by now. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif.

Regarding my build just two brief notes. First, most my effort went on correcting track sagging a bit simply to get a different image of a JS2 compared to the usual heavily sagged track tanks. Well I guess that is a detail hard to notice but we -modellers- tend to spend our working time on many things no one realice after all. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif. Second, after building the Die-Cast Hobby Master JS-2 some years ago now I can feel the difference. The Hobby Master thing is not bad actually, but the Tamiya jewel is much superior logically.

Anyone else joining the Stalin-Mania? Hopefully we will have some other guys to enjoy different finishing styles which is always educative.

Thanks for looking.
Lu

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. A lazier JS-II modeller LU..but a fast and clean modeller ;-) ! (n/t) - David Petitpretz on May 1, 2012, 5:17 AM
  3. Two models ºOº n/t I can't believe it.... - Domingo Hernández on May 1, 2012, 8:03 AM
  5. Looool.. :-O - Xavier Ruiz on May 1, 2012, 8:12 AM
  7. JojoJOjOjoOoJoOoOo - Jose Luis Lopez on May 1, 2012, 9:57 AM
    1. I cannot believe it too. : D - Luciano Rodriguez on May 2, 2012, 3:59 AM

8. Use the Force Lu...... - Paul McMahon on May 2, 2012, 5:31 PM
    1. It's useless to resist.... - Luciano Rodriguez on May 7, 2012, 5:59 AM

9. like!!!! - Peter Horvath on May 7, 2012, 2:48 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse