Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Tamiya GB: JS-2 straggler (part 5)

June 2 2012 at 5:47 AM
  (Login RalphRiese)
Missing-Lynx members

Despite starting this one with the idea of a cleanish finish, it simply looked flat to me. So after some constructive input (thanks nzdavidh), I tried copying some of Mike Rinaldi's KV-1 work pigment work. My attempt ended in a complete mess and while trying to recover it, the model decided to leap out of my hand and dive into the floor. Usual outcome - "where did all those bits come from?"; "why is there a dark purple cloud forming over the workbench?" Anyway, a day later and the hull/tracks are back together and she's gone from an OOB comp possible, to an experiment. With Mike's pics in mind, I tried to reproduce the dust accumulation with thinned Vallejo washes. The other stuff is thinned Vallejo blown on with the airbrush, and some local airbrush blending using Testors Dullcote lacquer tinted with very small amounts of Tamiya XF-68 NATO Brown and XF-69 NATO Black.

Pics are rather "forced". Experimental results so far...

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Very much enjoying the GB here, and many thanks for the encouragement on this one. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Ralph.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. No fear! :) - Alvaro Rodriguez on Jun 2, 6:06 AM
  3. Don't worry Be happy! - Aron Tabor on Jun 2, 7:33 AM
  5. One step forward... - Luciano Rodriguez on Jun 2, 11:41 AM
  7. Re: Tamiya GB: JS-2 straggler (part 5) - Jose Luis Lopez on Jun 2, 4:41 PM
  9. weathering - wayne bull on Jun 3, 1:47 AM
  11. Many thanks Gentlemen - comments much appreciated. Cheers, Ralph. n/t. - Ralph Riese on Jun 3, 4:48 AM
  13. WOW that's some impressive weathering - ReneDK on Jun 3, 5:22 AM
  15. Impressive work, keep posting n/t - Domingo Hernández on Jun 3, 5:53 AM
  17. The CM still shows thru!! Great stuff! n/t - Gunnar Baeumer on Jun 3, 1:49 PM
  19. Ralph, is that you?! - Anders Isaksson on Jun 4, 8:08 AM
  21. It´s exciting to step into unknown territory, isn´t it? - Diego Quijano on Jun 4, 10:50 AM
  23. !!!! - Marc Dupuy on Jun 4, 11:19 PM
    1. Tutorials... - Ralph Riese on Jun 5, 2:07 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse