Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:
1.

Full real names must be used at all times.

2.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
3.
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

 Return to Index  

Tutorials...

June 5 2012 at 2:07 AM
  (Login RalphRiese)
Missing-Lynx members


Response to !!!!

Hello Marc: there are a great many better qualified to point you to tutorials I'm sure. For this one I started by googling "mike rinaldi", which took me to his site. There I found many inspiring builds with photos and accompanying notes. I liked the look of his KV-1 and tried to follow his process - especially the dust accumulation aspects. I'm new to armour weathering and couldn't get the MIG pigments that I had to work the way Mike and so many others can. I removed what I could and then tried thinning some light earth tone Vallejo acrylis to wash-consistency. These were then brushed into the corners of some flat areas and "tampted" repeatedly with cotton buds. I applied light washes first, and then tried adding some darker ones to the edges. The "orange-brown" areas on the engine deck were done using dark black-brown oil paints applied neat and then stipplied around with an old brush to blend them a bit. The colours in the pics are a little more orange than on the model. The "spots" of lighter colours were done by holding a small paintbrush loaded with the thinned Vallejo earth tones near the model and spraying air from the airbrush at it. I picked up the techniques from looking at the work of others, so my apologies - I don't have any particular sources/recommendations for the "how to". Hope this helps somewhat in the meantime though. Cheers, Ralph.

 
 Respond to this message   


Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse