Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

IS II GB - "couldn't help myself!!"

June 24 2012 at 2:29 PM
Doug Frame  (Login doug7)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Guys,

well after seeing all the recent fantastic builds and the fact that i lost it with my T/34/76 entry i decided i'd have a go at my all time fav wish list tank...(thank you Tamiya). Ever since seeing that photo of the Monster in the Berlin Street with battered and brusied fenders and that massive gun looking completely out of place in those tight streets, with that large turret white banding i knew i wanted to build one.

And then Tamiya helped me out...and everyone else as well i'm thinking.? So i was going to do the Berlin Monster but since everyone else is kind of doing a similar one i thought i'd look for some inspiration else where. I loved the build article from Mr Zaloga in MIL MOD and that has been my base, alongside builds from Spencer and Rick etc. I found the tank i wanted to build. A Polish Tank from the 4th Heavy Tank Regt as they enter the town of Miroslawiec, Poland in March 1945. The tanks of this regt were pretty beat up and some still retained their white wash on upper turrets and surfaces. Some had a very individual application of white wash and i will be trying to recreate it as per photos, and a little artistic license !!!

Anyway here's the build so far, it was going to be a OOB build at first and then the bug got me.....!!
All the weld seams were redone and new torch cuts done also, cast effect added and lots of smaller details like handles and the like, not as good as Pats fantastic models but enough for me..and my dodgy eyes these days.

Just a word on the kit...i still don't get the fact that Tamiya can't do a slide mould one piece Gun barrel..in the scale and the fact its a big gun it needs to be done guys, and i'm sorry to say i always have a few issues with their tracks...maybe i'm just rubbish at building them..( no comments please)
Here's the pic's..comments on them are welcome..sorry about photos am on the case with that one.
kind regards
Doug

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hi Doug; - Pat Johnston on Jun 24, 2012, 6:02 PM
  3. Polish insignia... - Ralph Riese on Jun 25, 2012, 2:25 AM
    1. No colour issuse !!! - Doug Frame on Jun 25, 2012, 6:34 AM

4. Re: IS II GB - "couldn't help myself!!" - Jose Luis Lopez on Jun 25, 2012, 4:16 AM
  6. Nice Doug. - Calum on Jun 25, 2012, 5:28 AM
    1. Cast Effect !!! - Doug Frame on Jun 25, 2012, 5:37 AM

7. Miroslawiec - Marek Jaszczolt on Jun 25, 2012, 7:49 AM
    1. Numbers !!! - Doug Frame on Jun 25, 2012, 9:39 AM
    2. sorry, got it now. - Doug Frame on Jun 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
      1. Doug please send me PM n/t - Marek Jaszczolt on Jun 26, 2012, 12:23 PM

8. Polish beast.... - Luciano Rodriguez on Jun 25, 2012, 8:26 AM
  10. toc toc... - Domingo Hern├índez on Jun 25, 2012, 5:13 PM
  12. Beautiful beast - Juan Gabriel Sevilla on Jun 26, 2012, 5:32 AM
  14. JS party continues! :D - Alvaro Rodriguez on Jun 28, 2012, 1:36 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse