Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

GB. Tiger I Part V.

July 5 2012 at 5:44 PM
  (Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

After some REALLY hot days here in Madrid.... impossible to paint ...here I come again

Now time to the first base coat for the accessories. Probably, once the vehicle is close to be finish, Ill change some of the colours according to the general aspect of the vehicle. But I like to paint this base coat to the tools, accessories, so on as it really help to evaluate the general contrast and finish of the tank. I used different brown colours for the wooden parts and pure black for the metallic parts.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

In this step, Ill add some light points to the tank. Using a light mix of black, white and medium blue (acrylics) and using a brush, I start to highlight rivets, edges, hinges so on. May be the result in this step is a little bit unrealistic, but its the perfect base for future weathering works. This parts will suffer different treatment that will darken them to my taste, but always maintaining a subtle colour and light difference with the neighbouring tank parts.

Is this colour modulation? May be, I do not know, but really works for me!

Chipping, like adding mud, are the most frightening steps for modellers. Many great kits with excellent base coats, filters.are spoiled in this step. Reasons are various. The first one is that may be, the last time we made them, was 4 months ago when we made our last tank. Our hand is cold and its not easy to get the pulse and the perfect mix of the paint once were beginning our work. Thanks God, in this case, may be a pair of weeks ago, or maybe just some days ago, weve already made plenty of them in our B&W base colour. So, our hand is ready! And now, under the base coat, we see some of the chips and scratches we have already done, so its not so terrifying for as, because our terrible enemy, a flat, clean surfaces, is already dirt, showing some chipping effect that we have just to decide if we increase them or not!

And as we have seen the B&W weathered step, we already know which chips are right or wrong, So, as I use to say, we do not work under pressure, we know have a ready hand and a clear idea about where to put our chips and scratches.

For this step, I made three different grey colours for the superficial chippings.

And with a mix of black and red, the deeper ones.

Some detail shoots

Thanks for looking .... any opinion or suggestion would be highly apreciated!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Great progress - Juan Gabriel Sevilla on Jul 6, 4:05 AM
    1. Thank you my friend! - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 6:10 AM

2. Love the progressive balance. Very educational - many thanks. Cheers, Ralph (n/t). - Ralph Riese on Jul 6, 4:27 AM
    1. Thanks to you Ralph! - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 6:10 AM

3. Masterful technique but... - David Harmer on Jul 6, 5:59 AM
    1. Thanks! - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 6:12 AM

4. sweet - Roman Volchenkov on Jul 6, 7:16 AM
    1. Thank Roman - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 10:10 AM

5. Gorgeous... - Luciano Rodriguez on Jul 6, 8:25 AM
    1. Re: Gorgeous... - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 10:18 AM

6. Im really enjoying this step by step, Jose Luis. - Diego Quijano on Jul 6, 10:02 AM
    1. Re: Im really enjoying this step by step, Jose Luis. - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 10:19 AM

7. This Is Graduate School Level Stuff - Konrad Schreier on Jul 6, 12:15 PM
    1. Re: This Is Graduate School Level Stuff - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 3:54 PM

8. Gulliver modelling! :D - Alvaro Rodriguez on Jul 6, 1:48 PM
    1. Re: Gulliver modelling! :D - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 6, 3:56 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse