Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

GB. Tiger I. Part VI. Starting the weathering

July 7 2012 at 5:20 PM
  (Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

More steps! .... I see the end!!!!!

Washes ... they always help to increase the perception of the details of the kit. 1/48 kits are not as accurate as 1/35 counterparts. And if there were the same quantity of aftermarkets available for the quarter scale, they´d be more difficult to place that in the bigger scale. 1/35 PE sets are a nightmare by them self so, in 1/48, for not very skilled modellers like me, are just a Chimera. So, in my case, I have to hide this with the paint, showing as much as possible the details available in the kit and bring them to life.

Before the washes, I applied a pair of solid coats of Tamiya´s clear, the perfect base for washes as it facilitates the washes tu run easily in around the kits details

For this task, as in the previous steps, I used Tamiya Panel Line Accent color mixed with KX 52 Flat Earth, using Tamiya´s thinner (blue cap) to keep the mix fluid and easy to handle.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Oils . Modellers´s best friend without a doubt!. Easy to handle, slow dry, excellent blur just perfect! Using different oil colours, Naples Yellow, Van Dyke Brown, natural umber, blue, white, red . And using the well-know technique of dots I faded the grey color trying to reduce the contrast of the different shades of the grey and hiding a little bit the chipping aggressive effect of previous steps.

After this step, I´m ready for the real heavy weathering with dust and dirt.

Thanks for looking, sorry if I´m boring you with so many post and as usually, any opinion, suggestions or criticism will be highly apreciated!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. very cool looking... - Murat Özgül on Jul 7, 5:52 PM
  3. Gosh... - Gunnar Baeumer on Jul 7, 6:08 PM
  5. Perfect and subtle. - Juan Gabriel Sevilla on Jul 8, 2:55 AM
  7. One more step to glory.... : D - Luciano Rodriguez on Jul 8, 5:05 AM
  9. A real eye opener... - Rick Lawler on Jul 8, 9:04 AM
  11. Starting what?? :) - Alvaro Rodriguez on Jul 8, 12:01 PM
  13. It´s amazing the ... - Diego Quijano on Jul 8, 2:46 PM
  15. Thank you!!! - Jose Luis Lopez on Jul 9, 4:44 AM
  17. The close up detail is so amazing! nt - Greg Hesssig on Jul 9, 10:41 AM
  19. Quite Remarkable Jose - Konrad Schreier on Jul 10, 12:42 AM