Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

well Rob......

March 5 2017 at 4:13 PM
Steve Faxon  (Login noxafs)
Missing-Lynx members

Response to Well take it easy cowboy....

First off I cannot speak for Jay, he runs TWS not me. I will say this,he has been awesome to work with from my standpoint. Obviously there is a bit of confusion about the grills and what went where and when. The radiator grill I sent to Jay was only the one as seen in the photo at the beginning of this thread. I was comfortable that it was correct for the early Jagdpanther (yes I did that kit)and along with it I sent a few other parts that I felt would enhance my earlier effort based on some better references that I recently acquired. So if it seemed that I was asking for help with the D grills on Track48 after they had already been sent to Jay you were mistaken...Looking back I would not have taken the photo of the early A grill mounted on ANY kit as that seemed to be misleading to you. The other grills that I posted to Track48 were for the ausf D and are still in my possession. Today I will have finished up the other radiator grills for versions of the ausf D and A as well as the rectangular intake grills. As yet Jay and I have not discussed any overhaul work on the Ausf D and A currently in his line of kits. So its not like I'm trying to beat anyone to market, it just happens to be what I'm working on at the moment. I figured that I should try to rectify my shortcomings with the early Jagdpanther kit I did for him. While I had all this material in front of me I saw no better time to work on the other Panther grills for my builds.....

As far as how and why Bob ended up with his product I would not care to speculate. I don't recall the two different companies release dates. I do remember the Kengi kit had some deficiencies when first announced, but Ken fixed them prior to the kit sales began.....but it also has intake grills that could be improved on a little...and recommends using the Tamiya ausf G radiator grills on the ausf D hull.....Kens stuff is some of the best around, but he seems to be taking a break. Too bad for us, not only was it very good stuff but very cool subjects, I thought....

I agree that all these types of parts could be better done, certainly with less work via CAD and 3D printing....but I'm too long in the tooth for that stuff, and too cheap as well. And I enjoy the challenge of doing these grills......But as soon as these are done I'm going to find some SIMPLE stuff to do for awhile!!! And I don't think PE parts are terribly far off......

Back to the bench..........

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse