Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Russian Sherman update

May 8 2009 at 10:38 PM
  (Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

while I'm waiting for some paint I need for the sherman, I started adding a little a Silfor grass and paint for the 1st layer for water. Some dry pigments are next and gloss(wet) near the water. I'm going to test Vallejo Gloss clear and Valejo Still water Cheeers

[linked image]?t=1241836404

[linked image]?t=1241836526

[linked image]?t=1241836561

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul McMahon
(Login Paul_McMahon)
Missing-Lynx members

Coming along nicely..

May 9 2009, 10:31 AM 

Hi Greg , your Russki Sherman project is coming along very nicely. I love the sense of momentum that you have designed into the diorama - the silfor materials look great happy.gif

Regarding the diorama - have you any plans for any additional objects / figures to it? I say this in relation to the space that is to the right of the gun in the 2nd pix... anything small additional there would be pleasing to the eye happy.gif

Hope your paint arrives soon - keep at it and looking forward to the next update happy.gif

Best

Paul

Respond to this message   

(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Greg

May 10 2009, 12:07 PM 

is very good to see different in the forum Sherman, gregorio yours is very good as you have filed for and type it is.

Congrats.

Respond to this message   

(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks amigos - black paint is critical to a finished model nt

May 10 2009, 1:07 PM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Tall grass...

May 11 2009, 5:23 AM 

Gregorio,

This one is going smoothly adn quickly I see. I like the small composition you are making there and love the scene with tall grasses. Thats silflor stuff looks great in the pics.

Following Paul remark, I also think you can still depurate the distribution of elements there, but my suggestion is to take that guy out the river and place it over the Sherman talking with with commander. Maybe that will enhance the communication between figures and will make a compact image of the whole thing... What do you think?

Good work anyways, amigo.
Lu

Respond to this message   

(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

Right on - I'll try some variations out Thank you !! nt

May 11 2009, 8:22 PM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login Erik-Helm)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Greg,

May 11 2009, 6:34 AM 

tested the Vallejo still-water also. It's good stuff if you not use it for deep things !
I'm curios about your job with it.

cheers Erik

Respond to this message   

(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

Glad to hear it's good for shallow - I'm about to go test it now nt

May 11 2009, 8:23 PM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Russian Sherman update
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use